Does anyone here use the product Steam gourmet?

Vickeree

Veteran
Local time
6:44 PM
Does anyone here use the product Steam gourmet?
I have one myself and i was wondering if anyone here can share creative ways to use the product? What food do you cook with it?

Unknown.jpg

is it one of these bad boys?

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 517
these type of steamers were the in things in the uk about 20 years ago we had a 2 layered one great for vegetables once you got the timings right,and for steaming fish,but as snsso says above a stove top steamer does the same, so any steamer recipes will be ok

Not this particular model, but I've had a few other models over the years. Such as these below:

Aroma Food Steamer

FoodSteamers.jpg

Richard Simmons Food Steamer

Richard_simmons.jpg

I loved both of them, but the Richard Simmons one unfortunately had BPA in it, and it was way too large for everyday use. However I really loved the digital controls on the Richard Simmons model, vs. the manual dial on the Aroma model. That said, the Aroma model was otherwise perfect - nice build quality, something I would gladly leave on my counter, and it was just the right size for everyday use.

The real big advantage of using one of these, vs. steaming stuff over your stove top, is that these literally start steaming the food within like 15 *seconds*, whereas you may have to wait 10-15 minutes for a stovetop steamer to start steaming food. Plus they cook super consistently. If something cooks perfectly at exactly 7 minutes for example , you can get the same results each and every time - whereas a stovestop steamer might fluctuate if there is a draft in the kitchen blowing the flame or you have it slightly higher or lower than previous times.

These make rice perfectly, and they are also fantastic for hard boiling (or soft boiling!) eggs, and gently steaming delicate pieces of fish. One thing I would caution though is to use stain resistant bowls inside the devices, particularly if you are cooking items with turmeric, curry powders, fresh carrots, beets, etc... as these will permantently stain the main unit's plastic parts rather easily.

Attachments

• FoodSteamers.jpg
    FoodSteamers.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 132
I use the microwave to steam my vegetables but I still cook them too much so they come out mushy instead of crisp.

My rice cooker has a plastic steamer basket, 2 of my deep fryers have one, /7 one of my Emerilware Stainless Steel pots have a steamer insert.
I think that I'm all set as well. :wink:

I just recently replaced my Aroma Electric Food Steamer with a Bella Electric Food Steamer, pictured below. Thus far I've been really pleased with it. I had never purchased any Bella brand appliances, and wasn't sure of their build quality at first - but this steamer is just as nice, if not nicer in some regards, than the previous Aroma model that I really liked. The extra basket does really come in handy when you want to steam a larger quantify of something or multiple items. It's also convenient how the bottom basket will fit into the top basket for more compact storage. The rice bowl that comes with this steamer is also sturdier than the one on the Aroma model in addition to being larger and having handles on it too. There is a slide out tray on the side where you can add more water, it's a little clumsy to open but it's easy to refill once you do so. I've read on other competing models with this feature that their pour holes aren't designed well and attracted mold. This one is more wide open, and it doesn't seem to suffer from that issue, though it's hard to tell with the unit being black. Another important thing is this is one of the few electric food steamers on the market that does not contain any BPA. Several of the other leading models do, or a similar chemical component in the plastics.

http://www.amazon.com/BELLA-13872-F...-1-fkmr0&keywords=bella+electric+food+steamer

51QAeQvJOZL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom