Does anyone remember doing THIS as a kid?!!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
8:14 AM
Does anyone remember doing THIS as a kid?
I still do it today when making cake batter, pie fillings or frostings!! The bowl that the batter was made in as well! :hungry:
eating-02.gif

Attached Images
attachment.jpg

Mod Edit. Content Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly I don't cook any cakes or use flour. But when I was a kid I use to wait for my mom to be done mixing the batter so I could like the spoon.

Yes, I used to hang around the kitchen when my mother was making cakes and ask to scrap the bowl and lick the food mixer. I don't think this is a bad thing as I learned about cake making at the same time.

I did go on to bake my own cakes, pastry and cookings,and was able to lick my own implements, but I no longer do this type of baking - for health reasons.

If my children see me cooking anything here they come running wanting to help so they can lick the beaters. They know if they want a taste of whatever I'm making they have to help me cook first. If they show up to late, then they don't get anything.

I never quit. My mom was always afraid we would get salmonella, but after a few years I think she figured out the risk was pretty small and we probably were developing some level of immunity by licking the bowls. I don't make traditional cakes anymore as I'm gluten free, but when I make my multi-grain "brownies" I lick everything off. I don't think of it as a childish thing, I think it's about not wasting a drop.

I still do it. We used to fight over the bowl and spoon when we were kids, and now I'm lucky that when I makes cakes I'm normally in my own so I can have the lot.

I most certainly remember licking the bowl that the cake was mixed in as a kid. It seems to be the norm for every child. Whenever my mother baked cake, my siblings and I would always be ready to lick the bowl when she was finished. We never licked the beaters, however. We would just put our fingers into the bowl, scrape out what we could, and then lick our fingers. Well, the way I see it, nothing was wasted, so it was not a bad thing. After we grew older, we got out of this habit though.

LOL! I do. :P I think that this was my favorite part of cooking when I was a kid. Well, I still do it! :P

It is definitely one of those enjoyable guilty pleasures that we ALL took pride in as kids!!

One of the things that we NEVER outgrew!!! Tasty!!

My mother didn't really cook or do much mothering, so I don't have any fond childhood memories of licking the spoon but my daughter licks the bowl and spoon when I bake something.
I think that raw chocolate chip cookie dough is the best thing to lick the bowl of. Sometimes I'm tempted to just eat the dough.

Back
Top Bottom