Does this blender qualify as a food processor?

corbion

Local time
3:26 AM
I have a Kenwood Titanium with the glass blender but no food processor at home (at least one that can process hot ingredients). I know that the appliances differ for some characteristics, like speed or shape of the knifes.

My question is: is it ok to use the Kenwood blender to mix hot toasted sesame seeds with oil to prepare tahini? Or will I get crappy results with this?

Thanks for your advices!

Corbion

Wish I could help you...don't have much apart from a mixing wand and a mixer yet...
Possibly other members can aid...🍀

High-speed meaning that the motor can spin the blades at about 25,000 rpm' s or more. 😍

High-speed meaning that the motor can spin the blades at about 25,000 rpm' s or more. 😍

I look in the manual of the appliance (anf online as well) but the only indication related to speed is that it is... variable, which is not of a great help here lol. It looks like the shape of the blades is a bit different as well, with high-speed blenders or food processors.

So I will give it a try and see if it works...

I look in the manual of the appliance (anf online as well) but the only indication related to speed is that it is... variable, which is not of a great help here lol. It looks like the shape of the blades is a bit different as well, with high-speed blenders or food processors.

So I will give it a try and see if it works...

A good blender should work for the task you want to do. Yes, give it a try, and see.

CD

And if the machine is a Vitamix, the motor spins the blade incredibly fast - so fast that it creates friction to heat up homemade soups without the use of a stove!! :whistling:

About 28,000 rpm or so. That is stupid fast!! Hah!! Only one other brand that I know of goes faster, Waring Those machines go to about 43.000 rpm or so!!! :whistling:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom