Dollar Tree is selling Stone Wave pots for $1 each

OhioTom76

Guru
Local time
6:19 AM
I had a pleasant surprise on my most recent visit to Dollar Tree. Those little Stone Wave pots that they were selling on TV - the ones that look like a little mini tandoori pot - are now available at Dollar Tree for $1 each. A couple months ago, I almost bought one of these at Dollar General for $10. I believe Wal-Mart is also selling them for $10, so $1 is quite a bargain!

While they don't exactly live up to the hype that they advertise in the commercials, they are still very cute little cooking devices that you can use for general purposes. In particular, it's always best to avoid heating plastics in the microwave, which causes them to leak toxins. This is a much safer alternative since it's just a glazed ceramic pot. Vegetables steam wonderfully in it, and you don't need to deal with the plastic lids popping off, since the lid on this has a vent hole in the top.

I picked up two, but I'm probably going to get two more today, so I can have a set of four for serving soup in. These are perfect for making French Onion Soup under the broiler, since they have little hollow handles on them that stay relatively cool - making it easier to pick them up and serve them instead of using tongs which is much trickier.

Wow, alright this is great news. I have actually been meaning to find out where I could get those exact pots as I also love steaming my vegetables and just experimenting with them in different ways. Thank you for the great share, I'll see if I can find them here.

They have just opened a Dollar Tree in our area, here in Canada and I haven't had the chance to check it out yet. This gives me a definite reason. Isn't it amazing how cheaply they can be sold by some places. Just shows what the mark up is at places like Walmart and Dollar General!

I really like the items that the Dollar Tree has, their items are a better quality than some stores that charge more than a dollar for some of their items. When you see something you like get as many as you want because they may not be available when you come back. Some of their items are sell outs and they are gone when they re gone.

Back
Top Bottom