Don't Forget Your Turkey!

Kate

Veteran
Local time
7:23 PM
I can't believe it's time for Thanksgiving again! (Well, in the US, that is... I know that our Canadian neighbors already had their Thanksgiving.)

I put my turkey down to thaw this morning and I'm extra glad that I didn't forget to do it... I don't need any Thanksgiving disasters when it comes to the turkey... uh, or anything else for that matter! Do you use a frozen or fresh turkey?

Will you be preparing the gobbler this year or going somewhere else for dinner? Or do you serve something besides turkey?

Thanksgiving is at my parent's house this year. We always, always, always go the turkey route, but we usually have a second meat option. Sometimes it's ham, other times it's meatballs... it varies. We bought a ton of frozen turkey a few months ago when it was heavily discounted around the high school graduation sales, since my brother finally graduated. We figured it was cheap, we like turkey, and it keeps so why not stock up?

Even though it's at our house, my grandma will be preparing the turkey. My mother has to come up the night before to pick me up from college about 2 hours away so she doesn't have the time or the energy to do it. Everyone in our family makes a dish or two to bring along. I believe we'll be making the other meat dish and the mashed potatoes. You gotta have mashed potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom