Double oven

slawit

Local time
2:45 PM
Hi All
New to this forum and new to double ovens. Like most people I cook a variety of things, stews, joints etc and dare I say frozen chips. I am confused as to which oven to use for what. The way I see it if the smaller oven takes less heating then it will be cheaper to run, so if I only have one item to cook then do I just stick to using the smaller one?

Hi, welcome.

When I had two ovens, I just used whichever oven best fit what I was baking/roasting, so the smaller/narrower one was used for fruit pies, cookies, pizza, and the larger one for roasts, bread, and the like.

Do you mean one like this, or in a stove? I've seen them in other peoples' houses, but I never had one.

You can also get a combo unit that has a microwave on top.

Hi All
New to this forum and new to double ovens. Like most people I cook a variety of things, stews, joints etc and dare I say frozen chips. I am confused as to which oven to use for what. The way I see it if the smaller oven takes less heating then it will be cheaper to run, so if I only have one item to cook then do I just stick to using the smaller one?
I've had double ovens for the past 10 years and in theory you're supposed to use the smaller oven if you only have one thing to cook, and the main oven if you have a few things. But the problem with that is the main oven is usually a fan oven (and therefore more efficient/quicker to heat up) and the top oven is usually only a conventional one...which can take ages to get to temperature, and possibly doesn't cook evenly. So I've found that I only really use the grill in the top oven and I cook pretty much everything in the main oven..which kind of negates the purpose of having the two of them (its just one of the reasons I'm thinking of replacing my double oven with a single one).

Back
Top Bottom