Dragon Fruit

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
8:23 AM
Half of the one and only fruit picked from my home grown dragon fruit plant.

dragonfruit_zpsrp6mxrpz.jpg

They are such beautiful fruits. But am I right in recollecting they disappoint somewhat in their flavour (its so long since I ate one!).

May I answer by saying that I don't buy them off the shelf. And, I gave my plant away to someone more deserving.

They are somewhat plain for me.

[I posted it because I liked the picture]

I would probably put it akin to watermelon although not as sweet. When I first worked in the middle east in the 80s I used to eat ice cold water melon in the bath. Locally we have water melons that cost buttons but I hardly ever eat them.

My daughter had seen one online so nagged us during the weekly shop to buy one. I was quite surprised by the look, shape and colours and imagined it would be a magical tasting fruit - looking like it does; I was quite disappointed when I ate a spoonful and didn't get anything more interesting than washed-out pear. :meh:

My daughter had seen one online so nagged us during the weekly shop to buy one. I was quite surprised by the look, shape and colours and imagined it would be a magical tasting fruit - looking like it does; I was quite disappointed when I ate a spoonful and didn't get anything more interesting than washed-out pear. :meh:
Yes - I think you just described the flavour perfectly!

The ones we buy are white in the middle - is that just a reflection of the state of ripeness?

The ones we buy are white in the middle - is that just a reflection of the state of ripeness?

No.There are two types of plant (at least) but there is no indication which one you have until you cut open the fruit. The red are the most rare (apparently).

Back
Top Bottom