Drinks in cups or thermos?

Do you drink your beverages like coffee in a cup or a thermos?

• Total voters

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
9:21 AM
Do you drink your beverages like coffee in a cup or a thermos?

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually there is a third choice I forgot to put on this poll, the bottle or carton that the beverage came in. :rolleyes:

Do you mean when travelling or taking a drink to work? I'm not really understanding the question. If I take a hot drink in a thermos somewhere then I'd pour it into a mug or cup to drink it. I mean, I wouldn't (couldn't) drink it straight from the thermos flask as it would be almost impossible.

Another option - the hip flask!

1609777997009.png

Do you mean when travelling or taking a drink to work? I'm not really understanding the question. If I take a hot drink in a thermos somewhere then I'd pour it into a mug or cup to drink it. I mean, I wouldn't (couldn't) drink it straight from the thermos flask as it would be almost impossible.

Another option - the hip flask!

View attachment 54130
That's a whole other party! ;-0

If this were asked a year ago, it would have been a tough choice, since I've had most of my coffee in a thermos on my way to work. But, this has not been a consideration for me, since I haven't had to go further than my own couch since mid-March. Even before, I like the feel of the heat on the outside of the ceramic mug. I understand that this means that the heat is leaving the coffee, which doesn't happen as quickly in a thermos. But, it's a tactile feeling that enhances the coffee-drinking experience for me, particularly on a cold day.

Here's my hot drinks arsenal:

This one is my usual travel mug. It's one of those super-insulated things that keeps beverages hot for seven or eight hours. Yes, I have scalded the tastebuds off my tongue at 2PM, drinking hot tea that went in there at 7:30AM.

These are the household mugs, mostly gathered on travels:

And these are my proper thermoses. The big one is construction site suitable, the other one goes with us to concerts in the park, that sort of thing, and I have another one even smaller that is part of our picnic kit.

Back
Top Bottom