Drunken Pumpkin Cookies (revisited)

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
11:22 PM
So...I tried out the Recipe Drunken Pumpkin Cookies recipe posted by @classic33 for the current CookingBites Recipe Challenge. Here is how they turned out:

IMGP0064.jpg

Photographed two days ago in natural light

The verdict:
These cookies are easy to make but I found I used just over half the Guinness indicated in the recipe in order to obtain the right consistency. Had I added all the Guinness I would have ended up with a rather thin pancake batter. So if you make these then add the Guinness gradually until you obtain a dropping consistency.

These cookies taste just fantastic. The Guinness gives a dark bitter edge complimented by the dark chocolate (I used 70%) which works well with the pumpkin spices.

Brilliant @classic33! Your entry gets my vote!

IMGP0066.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! and Happy St. Patricks Day to you. If I wasn't dieting, I would have these on my plate for sure. I thought the recipe looked really unusual and different. FYI I am watching something on TV wher they are making chocolate popcakes dipped in gold balls for St. Patrick's Day. They also made a creme de menthe Shake. It is a big holiday over here.

Awesome! and Happy St. Patricks Day to you. If I wasn't dieting, I would have these on my plate for sure. I thought the recipe looked really unusual and different. FYI I am watching something on TV wher they are making chocolate popcakes dipped in gold balls for St. Patrick's Day. They also made a creme de menthe Shake. It is a big holiday over here.
Wait another ten days!

More incentive for me to try and make these! I thought they looked delicious when classic33 posted it originally - my struggle here will just be obtaining the Guinness! Your photography is wonderful!
Thank you! Guinness seems to be on sale in many parts of the world....but perhaps not in Japan?

Back
Top Bottom