Drying herbs

LoveSantaAu

Veteran
Local time
5:02 AM
Website
www.lovesanta.com.au
Have you ever dried fresh herbs?

I've never grown enough herbs to need to dry them but I have so much self-sown parsley this year, and hope my other herbs will continue to grow well, that drying them myself is becoming an option.

I have an under-used dehydrator but have no idea how to prepare the herbs or how long to dry them for.

Just wash them and shake the excess water off.
My dehydrator tells me to use a low temperature for drying herbs. Around 105F iirc, so low heat and dry until they are completely dry.

But personally I would freeze the fresh herbs after you have chopped them. Put the chopped parsley into some ice cube trays, full with water and freeze.

Have you ever dried fresh herbs?

I've never grown enough herbs to need to dry them but I have so much self-sown parsley this year, and hope my other herbs will continue to grow well, that drying them myself is becoming an option.

I have an under-used dehydrator but have no idea how to prepare the herbs or how long to dry them for.
Yep, just wash them and place then on the tray and let the dehydrator do the rest. I don't have a temperature setting on mine, but I leave them on for about 4-6 hours, depending on the herbs.

Back
Top Bottom