Recipe Duck Croissants

Froz

Veteran
Local time
9:14 PM
Now here's a personal classic which always hits a frank success among my guests. Living in France, people do tend to expect certain standards when it comes to food, and evidently any meal worthy of the name starts with appetizers...

Here's what you will need (for 18 croissants):

- 3 rolls of frozen puff pastry (around 250g each - home made is evidently fine too, but honestly the one's you buy from the store give excellent results)
- 2 duck breasts (marinate them at least 12 hours before-hand to suit your taste - I use olive oil, a little white wine, salt, pepper, garlic and paprika most of the time, but sometimes I'll settle for something else)
- a small pan of white sauce ( most people are familiar with it, but you can find many easy recipes online!)
- 100g of butter
- Cheese (France being a cheese heaven I've made these croissants using various sorts and they all led to yummy results)

How to proceed:

- Roll out your pastry in order to form large circles (why frozen pastry rolls are ideal)
- Cut them each into 6 slices, the way you'd cut a pizza
- Cut your duck breast into 5/10 mm slices (in their width)
- fry them quickly on each side to slightly color them ( they need to stay raw inside so do not cook them)
- add each piece at the base of one of your pastry triangles (large part)
- add a teaspoon of white sauce and a little cheese
- Roll each one up starting from the base
- slightly curve them to give them a moon shape
- dab each one with melted butter
- cook your croissants in the oven for around 20 min until they gain a light-brow croissant color ^^
- serve to your guests

Et voilà!

293398_10150285022317320_1529372_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom