2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp tumeric
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander to garnish

Method

Boil potatoes then drain and set aside. In a large saucepan heat oil/ghee with curry leaves and fenugreek seeds till fragrant. Add potatoes to oil and fry to colour and crisp all sides. Remove potatoes and set aside. Remove all but one tablespoon of oil/ghee from saucepan. Add onion to saucepan and saute till translucent. Add dry spices and fry for a few minutes. Add tomato, chillies, ginger and garlic and stir and saute a little longer. Add a little water, then add yoghurt and stir and simmer 4-5 minutes. Add cashew powder, and simmer a little longer and stir in a little more water if gravy becomes too thick. Add potatoes to gravy and stir them in and simmer till potatoes warmed through. Serve with naan and/or basmati and sprinkled with fresh coriander.

View: https://youtu.be/4Uwdo71Sqa4

This looks so delicious and curry is one of my favourite ways to serve potatoes. Adding roasted ground cashew nuts is new to me!

I make a similar dish. Mine contains hard boiled whole eggs but no nuts.

It also contains ground fennel seeds which gives it a distinctive aniseed flavour.

I found it very enjoyable to listen to you. Hope to make the recipe soon. Thank you !!!!

What were you asking us to subscribe to?

I found it very enjoyable to listen to you. Hope to make the recipe soon. Thank you !!!!

What were you asking us to subscribe to?

Just to the YouTube channel itself. But you don't have to subscribe to watch the videos at any time. All subscribing does is helps motivate me to keep making more knowing there are regular watchers... and if you subscribe (which is absolutely free) you can click a little notification button which messages you when a new video is released.

Back
Top Bottom