Easy Mini Pizza Snacks

Zyni

Veteran
Local time
7:08 PM
You can make these with Ritz crackers or my favorite, garlic and herb pita chips. Top with a little marinara sauce or pizza sauce, add mozzarella cheese, add a slice of pepperoni or any other topping you enjoy, and pop in the over until cheese starts to bubble. You can even just make a couple for yourself as a snack and pop them in the microwave.

We always do making easy pizza snacks at home too. A slice of bun or loaf bread and spread pizza sauce. Toppings of chopped ham, pineapple tidbits and quickmelt cheese and heat it in the microwave oven until the cheese melt and that is it! Simple ingredients and very easy to make and taste good!

I do this with leftover bread but I've never done it with ritz crackers. I will be giving this a try, thanks for sharing. Don't the crackers get soggy when heated though? I guess a bit of heat won't do much.

I don't put enough sauce on them to make them soggy, and they don't need to be heated for very long. Thank you for sharing too. This would be good on bread. Those little loaves of cocktail bread would be perfect for mini pizza bread.

By the way, you can do these with Bagel Chips too and they hold up even better because they are much harder. I prefer to use the garlic bagel chips and look for a bag where too many of them aren't broken. For the pepperoni, I will buy it solid in a stick form and cut my own little dice of it that I can sprinkle on them. For the sauce, it helps to go with a really thick concentrated sauce that isn't too runny. I think the broiler would be the best way to go for heating these since the microwave won't really brown or crisp the pepperoni or cheese. Some pre-toasted sliced bruschetta bread would work too. They often sell it in bags near the deli or bakery section of most grocery stores.

Yes, this reminds me. I've been meaning to prepare this mini pizza snacks over at my workplace (since I'm getting bored eating the same old meals everyday), but after some time repeatedly thinking about the preparation process, the thought just disappears from my head. Time to buy some crackers.

I'm always looking for stuff to do with pizza, because kids love it. Bagel chips would be great too, Tom, and yes they come out best in the broiler.

We've also made larger ones using English muffins or bagels. That might work for your lunch, Tinx.

We do this for the kids and they love it. Anything with cheese and pepperoni is great for kids. We've made them with naan bread, English muffins, bagels, even toast. For change we'll also take toast, melt cheese on top of it and top with a hunk of bacon. My husband calls them cheese dreams. They are tasty.

Great quick and easy recipe! I do these with sweet snacks too. I use graham crackers, cream or cream cheese and add berry preserves on top. My family loves it but they also go for the Ritz when having tea or coffee.

This is another great idea for this evening. I enjoy coming here because I always find these quick and easy things that I know will be a hit. Afterall who doesn't like pizza? I like that you can used different toppings so you can have a variety different ones. I also think that my grand daughter would enjoy these as a treat when she is over for a visit plus she can help me make them. :)

Great quick and easy recipe! I do these with sweet snacks too. I use graham crackers, cream or cream cheese and add berry preserves on top. My family loves it but they also go for the Ritz when having tea or coffee.

Yum. That sounds really good. I'm off sweets for now, but at some point, I'm giving this one a try.

@L_B yes, the kids have fun making these too. My kids always loved helping make pizza snacks as much as they loved eating them.

My niece makes small pizzas like that from the leftover bread. One time she asked me to buy pepperoni and some other ingredients like green pepper. I saw her cutting the bread in small pieces and applied tomato paste. For the toppings, there's the cheese (not mozarella though), the pepperoni slices, the sliced green pepper and other meat leftover from breakfast. When toasted, the cheese melted, giving it a taste of real pizza. And with the tabasco - hot sauce that is real hot, I guess you can eat 10 pieces of that.

I usually do that with English muffins. I will just put some pizza sauce, some sort of deli meat (pepperoni or salami, usually) and some cheese - maybe some chopped olives if I have any on hand. Then just put it in my little toaster oven until everything is all melty and delicious, and hey presto - the perfect snack!

Reactions: L_B
I usually do that with English muffins. I will just put some pizza sauce, some sort of deli meat (pepperoni or salami, usually) and some cheese - maybe some chopped olives if I have any on hand. Then just put it in my little toaster oven until everything is all melty and delicious, and hey presto - the perfect snack!

I always make english muffin pizzas. I love the texture of the english muffin. They are always a big hit when I do make them. Everybody gets to choose their own toppings and make their own which they enjoy doing! I haven't made them in a while but I am thinking that may be a good for dinner tonight since hubby is away working and I'm alone for the evening! I enjoy something easy and quick for dinner when there is just me.

Quick and easy and you know it gets my attention Zyni. I hardly get buy those biscuits but I suppose my own locally produced biscuits that I love can do the trick and they are bigger so they would be great I think. I'd want to go easy on the sauce though. I saw a simple recipe like this that was on a regular slice of bread.

Back
Top Bottom