Editing Media Album Titles

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
3:55 PM
It's currently not important (to me at least) but how do you edit the title of a media album?

Go the album you want to edit and click on the three little dots

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 10.07.34.png

Choose 'Edit album'

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 10.07.44.png

Then edit the title field:

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 10.07.52.png

I have tried that. I only get this:

"More Options" is not clickable (for me).

I'm mystified. Also, I don't think you shouldn't be getting an option 'select for moderation'. That is a moderator's option. Can you send me a link to that album.

Also, could someone else here try editing an album title (see my instructions above) - TastyReuben perhaps?

I'm doing this on a phone, so it's a little different:

Click the menu icon in the top-left, go to Media, click Navigation, then click Your Albums. This displays your albums (I have two).

Click the album to edit (which displays that album's contents), then the three dots with the arrow, just above the album and slightly to the right.

This gives me options to Edit, Move, Delete, and a checkbox to select for moderation. Chicken Edit lets me change the title of the album.

I'm mystified. Also, I don't think you shouldn't be getting an option 'select for moderation'. That is a moderator's option. Can you send me a link to that album.

The album is Chicken Kohlapuri

If you do manage to find the edit, perhaps you could change the title spelling to "Chicken Kolhapuri" for me? That's all I wanted to do.

I'm doing this on a phone, so it's a little different:

Click the menu icon in the top-left, go to Media, click Navigation, then click Your Albums. This displays your albums (I have two).

Click the album to edit (which displays that album's contents), then the three dots with the arrow, just above the album and slightly to the right.

This gives me options to Edit, Move, Delete, and a checkbox to select for moderation. Chicken Edit lets me change the title of the album.

So it is working fine for you. I'm puzzled then, why it isn't working for Yorky.

Done - the drop down box is fine for me. Is it the same issue for all your albums?

I've just checked 5 other albums. I am permitted to edit those.

[Edit: it appears to be the newer albums that I am able to edit, not the older ones (possibly made with the old software?)]

Last edited:
Edit: it appears to be the newer albums that I am able to edit, not the older ones (possibly made with the old software?)]
The likelihood is that permissions are different from before the migration last year. (I'm pretty certain that all of your albums are in what are known as personal albums not ones created in the shared areas and again they will have slightly different permissions retrospectively. It's not something i can easily check on my phone. My day has already (sadly) started and it's a busy one. I'll try to look into it for you but it is 100% a permissions issue so most likely there is nothing you can do and I may have to go back to the developer for assistance.

Back
Top Bottom