Egg Curry or McChicken?

oivas

Veteran
Local time
8:44 PM
Yesterday, I had a rather unusual choice to make. We had egg curry at home and incidentally my friend dropped by and had carried some McD's McChicken, so that we did not have to take the trouble of preparing food for his surprise visit (nice of him to think so, but we convinced him to have the food we made :) )

Now, the predicament for me was to choose between the two. The egg curry is my favorite and so is McChicken. So, I made the unhealthy decision of having both. :)

Do you face such predicaments? Do share.

yep - after several days of eating really healthily (whilst away from home (finding dairy free vegetarian food usually means 3 bean salads or wheatberry salad or similar for each and every meal) I had the choice of a mixed bean curry tortilla (purchased previously) or settling for some chips out of a service station with some HP sauce. The chips one the day and I heard no arguments from my OH either as he dug into his own portion. I didn't even wash them down with the orange & carrot juice we had left over from earlier in the day :roflmao:

To me it depends much of the situation, if I don't have the time for egg curry and feel cravings for McChicken, I would probably go for this.

However it may happen the opposite situation, that someone comes us with the suggestion to get some McChicken, but I may really want egg curry, so in last instance the McChicken can wait since it's available all days.

yep - after several days of eating really healthily (whilst away from home (finding dairy free vegetarian food usually means 3 bean salads or wheatberry salad or similar for each and every meal) I had the choice of a mixed bean curry tortilla (purchased previously) or settling for some chips out of a service station with some HP sauce. The chips one the day and I heard no arguments from my OH either as he dug into his own portion. I didn't even wash them down with the orange & carrot juice we had left over from earlier in the day :roflmao:

SatNav,

Chips won hands down looks like... :)

To me it depends much of the situation, if I don't have the time for egg curry and feel cravings for McChicken, I would probably go for this.

However it may happen the opposite situation, that someone comes us with the suggestion to get some McChicken, but I may really want egg curry, so in last instance the McChicken can wait since it's available all days.

MyDigitalPoint

You have some self-control. I cannot see myself saying no to McChicken for any thing else (egg curry is an exception). Now you know why I gulped down both. :)

We have two birthdays, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all within about a month of each other in our house, so right about this time of year, I find my kitchen full of birthday cake, Christmas cookies, pie, and candy.

The other night I said to my husband, "What should I do, pie, cake, cookies, or candy?" Then I said, "No. Nevermind. Which order should I go in?"

:) :)

If I will be in that situation I will serve both the egg curry and the McDonalds McChicken. Its nice to know that some people doing surprise visit brought something to eat thinking that the person they are visiting will not be in a hurry to prepare something for them. Me too if I am visiting someone's house I always bring something to eat. And it is best that both foods will be appreciated for eating by everybody.

We have two birthdays, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all within about a month of each other in our house, so right about this time of year, I find my kitchen full of birthday cake, Christmas cookies, pie, and candy.

The other night I said to my husband, "What should I do, pie, cake, cookies, or candy?" Then I said, "No. Nevermind. Which order should I go in?"

We have my brother's birthday (12th), a friend's birthday (26th), my wedding anniversary (27th), my birthday and my brother-in-law's birthday (29th) all between the 12 and the 29th! We tend to get to the 28th of December and think - thank you... but this year it will not be the case, my parent's are having a family Christmas do that day!

(We did also have 2 cousin's birthdays (30th November and 6th December) until they no longer became part of the family, not to mention my real father's birthday of the 24th!). December is a rather busy time in this household!

Just when I thought that I had the most difficult of choices... You have made me humble.. :)

If I will be in that situation I will serve both the egg curry and the McDonalds McChicken. Its nice to know that some people doing surprise visit brought something to eat thinking that the person they are visiting will not be in a hurry to prepare something for them. Me too if I am visiting someone's house I always bring something to eat. And it is best that both foods will be appreciated for eating by everybody.

ReadmeByAmy

Makes sense to serve both, but then your guest would be having to make a difficult choice. Yeah my friend takes care of everything when visiting. If you let him be, he would have got food for my neighbours as well.

We have my brother's birthday (12th), a friend's birthday (26th), my wedding anniversary (27th), my birthday and my brother-in-law's birthday (29th) all between the 12 and the 29th! We tend to get to the 28th of December and think - thank you... but this year it will not be the case, my parent's are having a family Christmas do that day!

(We did also have 2 cousin's birthdays (30th November and 6th December) until they no longer became part of the family, not to mention my real father's birthday of the 24th!). December is a rather busy time in this household!

And just about when I was growing to believe that Clairebeautiful had a happy tough choice to make, you throw in this mix... I bet no one can top this one.

In your situation I would have gone with the McChicken due to the fact that it doesn't really taste like anything if you throw it in the fridge and then reheat later.

Back
Top Bottom