Recipe Everything Bagel Chips (Crostini)

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:49 AM

I love everything bagels. I love dips. I am not fond of boring crackers or flavorless crostini as a vehicle for dips. Why not make everything bagel crostini (bagel chips) to serve with your favorite dip?

Everything bagel seasoning is popular in the US. I am not sure if it's the same in other countries, but the seasoning mix contains sesame seeds (both black and white), dehydrated garlic, dehydrated onion, poppy seeds, and salt. It's super easy to make the seasoning yourself! You can always omit any ingredients you don't like.

This recipe makes about 3/4 lb of bagel chips (crostini) and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.

Ingredients:
4 large everything bagels (I make my own with this recipe: Easy Air Fryer Everything Bagels - Simply Scratch, which can be baked or air-fried).
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
1 large baking sheet

Slice the bagels lengthwise and cut into appropriate sized pieces, not too thin or your crostini will break under the weight of the dip.

1618599492125.png

Preheat oven to 325F.
Put the bagel slices in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, then lay bagel pieces on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning over them.

Bake for approximately 15 minutes, turning once with a spatula.
Taste the thickest bagel slice on the sheet. If it's not crunchy, put the baking sheet back in the oven on 200F for an additional 5 minutes.

Tip: If you decide to make your own bagels according to the Simply Scratch recipe I provided above, keep in mind that the author of that recipe uses sunflower seeds inside of her bagel dough, I DO NOT. I tried it and didn't like it. And store bought bagels will work just fine.

Serve with your favorite dip, warm or cold, and enjoy!

Last edited:
What are your favorite dips? I would go with guacamole, babaganoush, humus or foie gras
Stay healthy

What are your favorite dips? I would go with guacamole, babaganoush, humus or foie gras
Stay healthy
I am making a dip later for this, I will be making a hot seafood dip with mustard greens, spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, and roasted garlic. Today is my husband's birthday so I wanted to make something special. I just haven't decided on what kinds of seafood I want to use, I am leaning towards sliced seared scallop and crabmeat.

Edited to add that I would eat these with the guacamole or hummus for sure.

Last edited:
I am making a dip later for this, I will be making a hot seafood dip with mustard greens, spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, and roasted garlic. Today is my husband's birthday so I wanted to make something special. I just haven't decided on what kinds of seafood I want to use, I am leaning towards sliced seared scallop and crabmeat.

Edited to add that I would eat these with the guacamole or hummus for sure.
Oh happy Bday to your husband!
You really are making an effort in the dip. And the bagel chips look yum!
Do you think one could do it with other buns too?

Stay healthy
Your choices sound much healthier, but that's to be expected given your mantra of "Stay healthy"!
Oh happy Bday to your husband!
You really are making an effort in the dip. And the bagel chips look yum!
Do you think one could do it with other buns too?
I think something sturdy and hearty would work, but a light and fluffy bun, probably not. Maybe a sourdough or something thicker so that when you toast it it remains firm and will hold up to the weight of the dip.

I will tell my DH happy birthday from Croatia!

Edited to add that I went with the scallop pieces and shrimp because I have a 1 pound can of crabmeat in the refrigerator and won't use nearly enough of it to make it worthwhile to open the can, not sure what to do with the rest of it since we have other dinner ideas for the next few nights.

Back
Top Bottom