Extreme weather

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
6:19 PM
[Mod.comment: This and a number of following posts moved from another thread to this new thread (MG)]

Loving your gsrden,beautiful green colour...
I am not into chillies, but plants,yees.😊
Thank you for the photos.
Not a lot going on as its winter here, and I'm over it. Floods all around the South Island. We missed that but got rain. Pics in a few months will look sharp.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a lot going on as its winter here, and I'm over it. Floods all around the South Island. We missed that but got rain. Pics in a few months will look sharp.

Russ
Floods plentiful in Germany, it really looks alarming...
Luckily the intervals of rain these days here only caused minor floods in the eastern part of the country...

Happened a lot to the Brits during the blitz.

Happens in the US every year during hurricane season.

My best friend's neighborhood after Ike...

CrystalBeach.jpg

And his house. I was standing where another house used to be to take the picture.

Marty001.jpg

CD

Last edited:
Happened a lot to the Brits during the blitz.

I know, my grandfather spent time in the uk before heading with the Anzacs. Later to be captured. P.o.w . He would only talk to me about his experiences, but prolly glossed over the gory bits?
Not even his wife. He went back there when he was in his 60s

Russ

Uh oh, I just realized where we are posting about the floods and stuff. Way off topic. Sorry.

CD

This is another area where the US population is divided between science, and what they read on Facebook (like Covid and vaccines).

Texas leads the nation in wind power turbines, because of the wide open plains we have. If Texas were a country, it would rank fifth in the world in wind energy production. That is in spite of the Texas government trying as hard as they can to kill any kind of green energy. In the minds of the dominant party, fossil fuels are the one and only way to generate the power we need. Get this... you can't legally buy a Tesla in Texas. You have to buy it in another state, and bring it here. There is a Tesla service facility in Dallas, but you can't buy a car there, only get it serviced.

Here is the problem for the anti-global warming folks in our state capital. Farmers and ranchers can make up to 5,000 per per year, per wind turbine on their land. If you have 50 wind turbines on your land, that's a quarter-million dollars a year for doing nothing. That's free money.

CD

Back
Top Bottom