Ey oop from Derbyshire

chaoticbob

Local time
10:51 PM
I'm not sure how I lit on this forum - possibly when researching methods for making chicharrones - but I'm glad I did. Lots of interesting stuff here! I look forward to reading/learning more and perhaps contributing my own ha'p'orth.
Rob.

Welcome to CookingBites @chaoticbob. It doesn't matter how you found us - but we are pleased you did as we love new members! We aim to be a friendly and supportive forum for everybody who loves to cook. I had to look up what chicharrones are - so I learned something today. Please join in wherever you like or start a new thread. You could tell us what you cooked ate or drank today in our regular thread What did you cook, eat or drink today (October 2018)? or join in the current Cookingbites Recipe Challenge: Squash - we need more entries!

Welcome @chaoticbob from another Bob (who was born in Buxton but who fled south in search of warmer climes).

Apart from "contributing your own ha'porth", please feel free to add some chaos to the forum. I've done my best .. but I reckon Two Bobs will work better than One.

I look forward too to reading about some local specialities from Derbyshire.

Thanks for the welcomes. I'm actually a Brummie (Birmingham UK for non-UK readers) born and bred, I've been in Derbyshire for only 20 years so not privvy to local culinary secrets yet ;-)

Chicken and walnut pie tonight. A delicious combination, but I need to get more familiar with the content of the forum before posting stuff which may have been covered before.

Buckytom, that puts you somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean?
Rob.

Chicken and walnut pie tonight. A delicious combination, but I need to get more familiar with the content of the forum before posting stuff which may have been covered before.

I wouldn't worry about that. We are hungry for anything here and we don't give a hoot about content being covered before. Anyway - I certainly don't remember anything like that. Chicken with walnuts in a pie? Sounds great to me. :D

I'm actually a Brummie (Birmingham UK for non-UK readers)

I really like Birmingham. Its buzzing these days and there is some great food to be had. I hope to attend the BBC Good Food Show there in November.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcomes. I'm actually a Brummie (Birmingham UK for non-UK readers) born and bred, I've been in Derbyshire for only 20 years so not privvy to local culinary secrets yet ;-)

Buckytom, that puts you somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean?
Rob.

If global warming continues, yes.

But right now it's NYC.

Back
Top Bottom