Facts about Banana

Abolarin

Veteran
Local time
5:22 PM
Sweet, delicious and creamy bananas are a favorite food for everyone, irresistible and attractive for babies to adults.

Banana is also known as “heavenly fruit” because it contains many vitamins, minerals, proteins, amino acids and fiber. These include magnesium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, potassium, vitamins A, B6, folic acid, vitamin C and many others. They have a high-energy, value thanks to fructose, which is easily assimilated during digestion.

Medical & Healing Benefits of Bananas

1 Bananas contain vitamin B6, which is a key element against stress.

2 Bananas are fruit rich in potassium and low sodium value, which is a perfect combination to combat high blood pressure, heart attack and stroke.

3 Eating bananas helps prevent kidney cancer, protect the eyes from macular degeneration and builds strong bones.

4 The high level of potassium in bananas helps you stay focused and encourage the work or learning.

5 They reduce the symptoms of PMS.

6 Bananas prevent anemia because of the high level of iron.

7 Eating bananas protected from possible muscle cramps during exercise or sleep at night.

8 They are rich in antioxidants, protect against free radicals and chronic diseases.

9 Eating bananas between meals helps to stabilize blood sugar level and reduces the disgust appearance.

10 The inside of the banana shell reduces itching and irritation caused by insect bites. The bananas shell is also good to treat warts.

More to come. Cheers

Yes, I have often heard of the many health benefits of bananas. It seems to be a miracle fruit. I do not buy them as often as I should, though. I am going to have to make a point of including them in my diet more often. Somehow I cannot eat them during the early part of the day though, so I would usually eat them with my lunch, or later on in the evening. Banana bread is also something that I like, and the recipe is quite easy to follow.

I really love eating bananas. I really started appreciating their health benefits when I started exercising. Bananas help prevent cramps! :) I also like them more than apples and other fruits. :)

Bannans are also one of the cheapest of the fruits. I usually by them for snacks because they are cheap and easily available. My children love them, and they have many benefits that were mentioned here.

I have heard though that if you eat a lot of bannans mosquitoes are more likely to bite you. I do not know if that is true or not.

I use banana as a sweetener. One of my favorite little treats is to cut up a banana into small pieces and dust it with cocoa powder. Bananas have enough sugar in themselves to make the chocolate taste good without adding anything else.

I was never a big fan of bananas, i just have them occasionally in my oatmeal cereal it's just the other day since i've being diagnosed with hypertension and was advice by someone that bananas are great for lowering blood pressure...since then i've tried to eat one daily. I am thinking about using them more often in my smoothies as i never get tired of having them.

I knew some of the facts on your list. I have heard people with cramps should eat bananas. I am eating more right now as a way to lower my blood pressure naturally. But oranges actually have more potassium than bananas. One glass of orange juice has 13% of the potassium you need in a day. I also read somewhere that eating too many bananas can make you sick. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that a build up of potassium in your body is cyanide? After all it is potassium, although I think it is made from almonds. But maybe potassium cyanide is the same regardless of the source.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that a build up of potassium in your body is cyanide? After all it is potassium, although I think it is made from almonds. But maybe potassium cyanide is the same regardless of the source.
potassium and cyanide have nothing to do with each other unless they are made into the compound called potassium cyanide. You need Potassium, Carbon and Nitrogen to create KCN which is what potassium cyanide actually is in its chemical formulae. You can also get something called sodium cyanide (NaCN). That is created from sodium, carbon and nitrogen... You can also get something called Lithium cyanide (LiCN), strangely that is lithium, carbon and nitrogen.... And then there is hydrogen cyanide (HCN), sometimes known as prussic acid, I could continue, but...
It is the cyanide side of it that is the problem not the potassium or sodium.

I hope you are getting my point. Eating too many bananas is not going to make you sick from cyanide poisoning.

As a child I could not eat bananas, the sight of them made me feel ill. I could not stand those stringlike strands or the nub at the end.

Now I do like bananas, although I eat less than one a day I do try to include them in my diet.

On yutube there was a woman who used bananas as a weight loss programme. She ate precious little accept bananas. I think she ate 20 plus per day. Dont fancy that myself.

On yutube there was a woman who used bananas as a weight loss programme. She ate precious little accept bananas. I think she ate 20 plus per day. Dont fancy that myself.
Don't eat too many!

There are sufficient toxins within the skin of a banana, as it decomposes, to actually kill a sheep. Making the meat unedible.

I know someone, son of a family friend, who routinely eats 20-30 a day, everyday! But he does eat lots of other (vegan) things as well.

I know someone, son of a family friend, who routinely eats 20-30 a day, everyday! But he does eat lots of other (vegan) things as well.

According to a quick google, 20 bananas would be about 1900 cals. That's a pretty major proportion of the recommended allowance!

(When googling, it offered me "calories in a banana without skin". I wonder if anyone ever asks howmany calories in a banana WITH skin?)

According to a quick google, 20 bananas would be about 1900 cals. That's a pretty major proportion of the recommended allowance!

(When googling, it offered me "calories in a banana without skin". I wonder if anyone ever asks howmany calories in a banana WITH skin?)
he's a cyclist! does lots of miles rather like I did before my back injury. And unlike me, he chases time rather than pacing himself!

I love banana. It is one of favorite food. It is ver rich in potassium. I have stomach problems and banana helps me a lot. My province is one of the biggest banana producer in the Philippines and we have a lot of banana variaties to choose from. Trully banana is not just healthy it is also a good business and source of income.

Back
Top Bottom