Recipe Fagiolini e parmigiano; green beans with cheese

Hemulen

Woof-woof
Local time
9:25 PM
Simple is beautiful. It is harvest time for haricot verts (at least in Finland). Yum Yum.

haricots.JPG

Photo: Usine de haricots verts Photo stock libre - Public Domain Pictures

The following recipe was inspired by my home grown beans (Phaseolus vulgaris 'Nautica'), my love and grief for Italy in the beginning of the pandemic and a few of my aesthetically stunningly impressive River Café Cook Books which contain a considerable amount of charred fruit and veggies.

Green Beans and Parmesan

Rinse the beans. Take a big handful of beans, loosen your grip and drop the beans on top of a flat surface. Trim the leveled ends simultaneously with scissors. Do the same in reverse. Don´t mind a few fallen ang... beans. Cook the beans in well-salted water until ripe (min. 8 min) and drain them lightly. Sauté over high heat in macadamia oil and olive oil mix until the beans turn black in places. Add salt and plenty of black pepper, pour over some melted butter and/or a few drops of white balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle a motherlode of chipped parmesan or grated vegetable cheese on top. Enjoy with garlic bread and a glass of Valpolicella. Better two.

Last edited:
I like the recipe - I love the idea of the the char and the balsamic.

I didn't quite understand the methodology for dropping and trimming the beans... :scratchhead:

Back
Top Bottom