Retro Recipe Fast Bread - for those who don’t have a lot of time at their disposal

MicheleJ

Local time
10:07 PM
This fast bread is ideal if you have no bread or when you do not have time to try a more elaborate bread recipe. I propose today this delicious and fluffy quick bread, which should take from start to finish a maximum of 2 hours. This recipe is inspired by my grandma, she used to make it in this way... lots to learn from our grandparents!

AzP9i70.jpg

Ingredients

400 gr flour
225-250 ml of warm water

4 tablespoons oil
7 g dry yeast / 25 g fresh yeast
10 gr of sugar
8 gr of salt

We sift out the flour in a bowl, add the yeast to the center and mix.

Make a well in the center and add warm water, oil, and sugar, and start kneading until the dough becomes elastic. The final consistency of the dough must be more compact. Put the dough in a pot covered with food plastic foil for 40 minutes.

After doubling the volume, we overturn the dough on the flour powder, we give it the round shape or the loaf shape, take the oven tray out of the oven, place a sheet of baking paper and place the dough on the tray. Cover the bread with a cotton cloth and leave it for 20 minutes.

We heat the oven at 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7, and before we place the bread in the oven, brush it with a bit of warm water, a fine flour powder and crisscross it with a sharp cutter or knife. We make the cuts with great care and without too much pressure on the dough.

Bake it in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. It has to be golden brown and not too heavy and when we turn it upside down and bang it, it sounds empty.

The bread crust should be crispy and the inside fluffy and delicious!

EqDnxzk.jpg

Good appetite!

Thank you @MicheleJ - and though you say 2 hours, most of that time the bread takes care of itself!

I sometimes make a one rise bread which cuts the overall time even more - but really, the main work in making bread is simply 5 to 10 minutes of kneading.

Thank you @MicheleJ - and though you say 2 hours, most of that time the bread takes care of itself!

I sometimes make a one rise bread which cuts the overall time even more - but really, the main work in making bread is simply 5 to 10 minutes of kneading.

You are right, I was thinking how much time it takes from start to eating :) my bad. :chef:

You are right, I was thinking how much time it takes from start to eating :) my bad. :chef:

Not at all - you are absolutely accurate in your recipe! Bread is one of the easiest things to make but I think folk are put off by the kneading and proving as if its a mysterious process when, in fact, its a very simple thing. Much easier than cooking many other things, I think.

Back
Top Bottom