Favorite Breakfast

Tea's good too [that is proper TEA hot strong and brown - not this strange green / fruit / iced stuff] but I find coffee does seem to go well with a full breakfast

Something that always makes me shudder slightly is seeing someone waft a tea bag at a cup of hot water and then claim that it's a cup of tea. Tea is meant to brew, to infuse, to taste of, well, tea.

Something that always makes me shudder slightly is seeing someone waft a tea bag at a cup of hot water and then claim that it's a cup of tea. Tea is meant to brew, to infuse, to taste of, well, tea.

I like my tea strong :coffee: :thumbsup:

I haven't brewed a pot of tea in a while, I'm way overdue. My jasmine is blooming, so I might use some of the blossoms to infuse my green tea, then I can use those to brew up a pot in a few days. Meanwhile, I'll plod along downstairs and fix a poached egg on toast :p:.

Tomorrow we will have our favorite breakfast - fried rice, fried dried fish, tomatoes and salted eggs. My husband would be having his fruit juice while I would have my choco milk. We normally cook our favorite breakfast once a month and only on weekends because we leave early for work during weekdays.

I appreciate having a huge breakfast every once in a while but I'm an on-the-go person so I prefer a quick but delicious breakfast most of the time. In the diet delivery plan I had a while back, I had egg muffins for breakfast and I found it really delicious! It was also very easy to eat and it wasn't messy either. They added some Chia seeds on the muffin which gave it a really nice and new texture. I think I've found a new breakfast favorite!

I think for me, my favourite breakfast depends largely on what time of year it is and what the weather is doing, plus what I am doing that day.
  • I went through a phase last year of soaking porridge oats in almond milk and eating them with a touch of date syrup. That is great.
  • When I am on a cycling tour I usually have the soaked oats with fruit and honey/date syrup if the weather is good, and if it is bad, then I will still soak the oats overnight, but then cook them in the morning having porridge and fruit with plenty of sugar - I'm cycling and need it to get going!
  • I then went through a phase of my favourite breakfast cereal which my OH says tastes of cardboard. I like it and don't think it does. It is a great breakfast for someone on a diet, which I will be again very soon, once I am over my current illness (illness and diets do not mix in this household).
  • At the moment I am going through a very long phase (nearly 8 months now) of just having bread, marg and jam. I have made the bread myself, sourdough and it is a nice easy, simple but tasty breakfast. Sometimes I have tahini and date syrup instead of marg and jam but only very occasionally because I tend to make too much of it and eat all .... :porky:

My favorite breakfast is when my husband makes pancakes - he's the best pancake maker around, they always turn out so fluffy and delicious!

Usually they're just a weekend treat because during the week we don't have the time - but that's honestly a positive thing for my waistline!

Back
Top Bottom