Favorite celebrity chef?

I like Sandra Lee, Semi Homemade. She shows how to get some of the food all ready prepared, spice it up and you have a home cooked meal before you know it.

I'm really into Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman, right now. I have 2 of her cookbooks and have made a lot of her recipes. I don't think I've tried one that I haven't liked. Her show makes me want to go live on a big ranch and raise cattle, too. She seems so down to earth and is hilarious. I'd love to be friends with her TV persona!

I would have to say Sarah Moulton. She's from the old school Food Network programming, back when they actually talked about how to cook food, and didn't treat the viewers like some incompetent imbeciles who are only just interested in their lavish lifestyles. Sarah stuck to talking about food, food history, classic techniques, and kept the self aggrandizing to a minimum. Plus she spoke pleasantly, and didn't act all manic and overly emphatic like they do now - which is really exhausting to watch, especially when they get fixated on some stupid saying or something that they keep repeating over and over and over, because they think it's cute or their trademark or something. I'm really sick of seeing the current roster "foodgasm" over everything they take a bite of - it's so fake and silly and it makes them lose credibility for me.

Back
Top Bottom