Favorite cheese?

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
2:36 PM
With all of the many cheeses in this world, what is your favorite? I am torn between farmers cheese and smoked gouda. What about you?

The smellier the better! :D For example, Stinking Bishop, Epoisses, Munster to name but a few. I like to see it virtually running out of the packet... this is Epoisses:

eposses.jpg

Can't decide so many cheeses to little time ,so many uses ,goats cheeses for baked dishes like croton,soft cheese with crackers like Camembert ,Roquefort has a big place in my heart gained from school trips to France and devoured with French stick ,hard truckle cheeses like mull of kiintyre with quince jelly ,local delicacy artisan cheeses ,I support these guys,cheese made with top raw products ,I look at cheese on holiday like a souvenir

I'm a simple person I'd choose Parmesan and Cheddar anyday but if I'm having dinner with my parents I bring out the big guns-- Blue Cheese, Jack or Camembert is a bestseller in my household.

I love cheese! My favourite of all would be cheddar cheese. It is readily available, tasty and has a lot of uses. We use it for bread, soups or spaghetti. I also love Cheeze Whiz which is a cheddar cheese spread available here and in other places. I just spread that in a pandesal and voila, breakfast done!

When I'm making three cheese, I use cheddar cheese, parmesan and cream cheese. Super delicious! We put it on macaroni or sometimes eat it on its own. That reminds me that I have to make this meal this week! I haven't had this in a while.

There are so many to choose from, it's impossible to select one. I love the mildness and versatility of ricotta, it's delicious in both sweet to savory dishes. Mild and medium cheddar are two favorites, and mozzarella chunks are fabulous in a nice spinach salad with roasted red peppers. Then there's feta, in a delicious Greek salad...as I said, I can't pick just one.

I really like the smoked gouda and the 5 year old cheddar. The aged cheddar is really sharp tasting. I like almost all cheeses though. If I see something different I always pick up some of it to give it a try. I usually go to the deli and buy a small piece and then if I like it I will buy more.

Almost impossible to pick a single cheese from the thousands out there. Durrus would be in my top few and a vigorous, unpasteurised Brie than needs to be nailed down to stop it running away is hard to turn down. Gubbeen and Milleens are right up there, too.

The cheese that I am most familiar with and have always used, is Cheddar. I mostly use it with bread or crackers, but I would also use it in macaroni or in any other dish where the recipe calls for having cheese sprinkled on top. The Cheddar cheese that I have been using over the past few years is the vegetarian one, but I now alternate this with the non-vegetarian one. I don't notice a whole lot of difference in flavour between the 2 though.

The smellier the better! :D For example, Stinking Bishop, Epoisses, Munster to name but a few. I like to see it virtually running out of the packet... this is Epoisses:

View attachment 1573
That looks so gooey and yummy, excellent photo there. I love the melting cheeses that you can heat and spread on things or make a fondue with as well. Great cheese stinks!

The cheese that I am most familiar with and have always used, is Cheddar. I mostly use it with bread or crackers, but I would also use it in macaroni or in any other dish where the recipe calls for having cheese sprinkled on top. The Cheddar cheese that I have been using over the past few years is the vegetarian one, but I now alternate this with the non-vegetarian one. I don't notice a whole lot of difference in flavour between the 2 though.

I use this Cheddar vegetarian cheese. Isn't it a New Zealand cheese? And you are so right when you say the taste seems much the same as the regular cheese. I have a sneaky feeling that it's pretty much the same cheese. I have to start reading labels more, but when it comes to that cheese I could eat it all day with bread or biscuits.

Back
Top Bottom