Favorite Christmas Cookies?

clairebeautiful

Veteran
Local time
3:22 AM
My kids are out of school in 3 days.

I never start any holiday baking until they can join (and I keep things minimal these days because they are all still young).

So let's here it. What is your favorite Christmas Cookie? Is it a family recipe, something brings memories, or just something so yummy you make it year after year?

Mine is easy. Melted chocolate with cornflakes. Stir it all together and make drop cookies. No bake. Topped with cheap sprinkles.

Everyone loves them in my family.

Not exactly a cookie, but I love mince pies for this season. I have never cooked one, but they remind me of the time I lived in the UK. They are great as they are small and you can eat lots of them.

My favorite seasonal cookie would have to be shortbread, which I actually haven't had in a long time. I might have to pick some up before Christmas. My second choice would be Dutch windmill biscuits, which aren't technically Christmas cookies but growing up my Dutch side of the family would always serve them on Christmas day. :wink:

I love good ole fashioned sugar cookies! They are so tasty and fun to decorate! My grandmother used to have my sister and I over every year to make them. We would bake home made sugar cookies and decorate them. We would use Christmas cookie cutters. We would make snowflakes, santa clauses, and Christmas trees. We would decorate them with different colored icings and pretty sprinkles! I loved going over to her house every year to make them.

Back
Top Bottom