Favorite Christmas Movies

It appears my attempt at wit is missing the target - I must need more coffee. Unless, of course, you are toying with me, in which case I should add a little whiskey to the coffee!

Nope, I really don’t know what they mean
But a little whiskey addition to the coffee sounds good anyway!

It appears my attempt at wit is missing the target - I must need more coffee. Unless, of course, you are toying with me, in which case I should add a little whiskey to the coffee!

I understood. :okay:

OCD is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder so its a play on that theme. As if someone has an OCD to get things in the correct order including the acronym for the disorder.

Off topic by the way!

Watched an excellent one last night, starring Jason Robards and Julie Harris. I'd watch Julie Harris in anything.

"The Christmas Wife," 1988, about an older gentleman whose wife died earlier that year. He doesn't want to spend Christmas alone, sees an add in the paper about a place that arranges social meetings, and on a whim, checks into it.

From the get-go, it seems a little shady, but he's got nothing to lose, so he follows through with having the service find him a companion for Christmas weekend.

It's not a light-hearted Hallmark movie by any means, straight drama, as the woman provided by the service (Harris) is mysterious and guarded during the entire weekend, much to the confusion of the gentleman. That's a big part of the story, finding out what her deal is.

Very good.

The first Christmas Mrs B and I were together. I was cooking and Mrs B was channel surfing in the living room. I looked in from time to time and noticed she was watching The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston. At dinner she asked me was the story real ( she was at school in Tito's era ) I replied it was a Hollywood adaption of the bible story. She replied we were never taught the bible in school and asked me why people believe it. I had no answer and still don't.

The first Christmas Mrs B and I were together. I was cooking and Mrs B was channel surfing in the living room. I looked in from time to time and noticed she was watching The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston. At dinner she asked me was the story real ( she was at school in Tito's era ) I replied it was a Hollywood adaption of the bible story. She replied we were never taught the bible in school and asked me why people believe it. I had no answer and still don't.

We had bible studies for two hours a week with mr mcclatchey (wtf) a little meek mild mouse, the boys ran riot over him. I still remember him by name and wasting time on us heathens,lol.

Russ

We had bible studies for two hours a week with mr mcclatchey (wtf) a little meek mild mouse, the boys ran riot over him. I still remember him by name and wasting time on us heathens,lol.

Russ
It was compulsory to have RI lessons in the UK. I realized the benefits when I was 13 yrs old. The RI teacher was very attractive, mini skirts were in fashion but tights were not commonly worn. The sight of her seated exposing her stocking tops and creamy thighs whilst reading the scriptures is a fragrant memory. She called me butter fingers because I kept dropping my pen. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom