Favorite food that's not available in your country?

queenbellevue

Veteran
Local time
7:17 AM
This may seem extremely odd, but for me it's Subway. I loveeeeee their sandwiches, but they aren't available in Hanoi where I live. It sucks.

Oh there's so many. Pindjur, pickled eggplants, hickory sticks, ponchki, smoked herring, decent borscht, dehydrated garlic slices, napoleons, bran muffins, vachon flakies, butter tarts...

Ulster Fry! I don't know if anyone else has ever heard of it before but I've only ever seen this when visiting frieinds in Belfast. It's not very health at all, it's a processed meat and tastes like a mix between sausages and bacon. I'd love to be able to buy it where I live but no butchers seem to have heard of it? Does anyone else like Ulster Fry?

Funnily enough it's incredibly difficult to find where I am (but relatively easy to make): Poutine. I'm a really big fan of visiting Canada & I always make it a point to grab everyone's opinion of the best poutine depending on where I am.

Clottie dumpling, only we used to have it fried with a main meal of square sausage, tattie scones and fried egg rather than served as a desert!

I also miss some of the food from my travels, in particular sunflower seed halva, a particular bread from Norway, another particular bread from Belarus and several other food from various countries.

Ulster Fry! I don't know if anyone else has ever heard of it before but I've only ever seen this when visiting frieinds in Belfast. It's not very health at all, it's a processed meat and tastes like a mix between sausages and bacon. I'd love to be able to buy it where I live but no butchers seem to have heard of it? Does anyone else like Ulster Fry?
Never visited Ireland but I know it quite well. I always found it a bit too greasy [but that could be either the cooking or the recipe - as I said I have never tried it in Ireland].

i know you can get french cheese in the uk ,but the whole experience of a french market buying butter ,breads,and cheeses makes it a food you can not get in the uk for me,or buying my croissants and pan for breakfast ,its the experience that makes the food unique

Back
Top Bottom