Favorite one pot recipe?

Just make a homemade pasta sauce or indian with the rice or the pasta cooked in the sauce. Problem solved. You can even cook eggs in the sauce at the same time.
Next option would be a stew or casserole with dumplings or cobbler. Sorted.

Most of my dishes are one pot.

My favourite one-pot meal is basically a pan of Scouse, with added potatoes. Scouse is basically just a meat casserole, local to the city where I was born. It usually contains lamb but I prefer it with beef.

Just make a homemade pasta sauce or indian with the rice or the pasta cooked in the sauce. Problem solved. You can even cook eggs in the sauce at the same time.
Next option would be a stew or casserole with dumplings or cobbler. Sorted.

Most of my dishes are one pot.

Hmm, cooking rice in the sauce sounds like a great idea, but cooking pasta in the sauce as well? I've never seen that done. It's always boil the pasta separately then add it into the sauce. Does the taste change?

Hmm, cooking rice in the sauce sounds like a great idea, but cooking pasta in the sauce as well? I've never seen that done. It's always boil the pasta separately then add it into the sauce. Does the taste change?
not noticeably given you then cover pasta in the same sauce. We just add an extra 250-500ml of water to the pot which boils off. Its one we use a lot when we are camping. everything in the same pot. We will even cook the boiled eggs in the sauce (minus the shells) as well. You just crack the eggs into the sauce, don't stir and simmer for around 15 minutes. They take a touch longer for some reason, but not a problem for us. The eggs do change taste - apparently it is an Israeli way of cooking them (came from my step-brother's partner who is Israeli).

I bake chicken and veggies all together in a pan. It's easy for a weeknight with little clean up. Most recently I used chicken thighs, potatoes (quartered), carrots, and an onion. I sprinkled with some salt, pepper and garlic powder (would have used whole garlic cloves, but I didn't have any), then drizzled with olive oil and tossed everything together. Cooked it until the chicken was done at 375. It's so simple to make and I only have one pan to wash!

This is a tough one. Nothing beats a good pelau for me. I hardly ever cook it but love it nonetheless. There if I could cheat and another it would be a pasta meal. There are various types that I find very tasty and super easy to whip up.

This is a tough one. Nothing beats a good pelau for me. I hardly ever cook it but love it nonetheless. There if I could cheat and another it would be a pasta meal. There are various types that I find very tasty and super easy to whip up.

ooh, I've never heard of that dish before. What is it?

I think for me it's a bunch ingredients either prepared on the stove or roasted in the oven. I just combine a large quantity of onion, garlic, whatever veg I have on hand and maybe tofu, tempeh, or shrimp. The more ingredients the better! I might even toss in a tin of black beans at the end, and of course lots of fresh herbs. If there's leftover pasta or rice that can go in at the end as well (though not necessarily with the beans).

Any kind of soup. Or rather any kind of stew-oup. I have the tendency to add so many ingredients it's teetering between a stew & a soup. Why not let it be both? I make a lot of chicken style soups but I explore with adding Matza balls or anything really to change it up. Chicken tends to be the cheapest protein where I am.

If we have a roast chicken dinner then my husband puts the left over chicken in a broth and adds left over veg. Delicious and tasty 1 pot, left overs ,broth.

A one pot rice dish we love is a spanish dish called paella,or a take on it prawns ,mussels,chorizo and pork,garlic saffron diced veg and peppers ,can be a leftover meal as well,it was originally cooked with rabbit in it

Back
Top Bottom