Favorite Pasta Shape

turtledove

Veteran
Local time
7:33 AM
Mine would be fusilli and penne. I like to keep it pretty simple. I like Spaghetti as well.

What's your favorite pasta shape?

I'm all about the chunkier pastas like fettucine and linguine.

I also had this amazing pasta at a restaurant once called Pici, and it's basically like fat, hand rolled spaghetti. It was incredible - I highly recommend it!

My favorite pasta are the Scooby Doo Pasta noodles. They were always a favorite of my kids when they were growing up so
I just got use to having those. Even to this day whenever I go out to buy pasta I always come back home with some Scooby Doo pasta.

My favorite pasta are the Scooby Doo Pasta noodles. They were always a favorite of my kids when they were growing up so
I just got use to having those. Even to this day whenever I go out to buy pasta I always come back home with some Scooby Doo pasta.

Whaaaaaaa?!! I want scooby doo pasta noodles! (never mind that I'm in my 30's - I firmly believe you never outgrow fun pasta shapes like that!)

Reactions: L_B
pasta shapes.jpg

I think mine is currently Fusilli but it changes from time to time. I do rather like the one on the 5th column (out of 6), 3rd one down, but I can't read the name :(

I like conchiglie, which is shell shaped pasta. It collects a good amount of sauce inside the curve of its shell shape. Often I buy penne or spagetti because it costs less, but I regularly treat myself to some conchiglie pasta.

i think farfalle is always a novel pasta ,little bow tie pasta,but prefer long strands like linguine

The only pasta we cook is either spaghetti or macaroni. And the sauce is always the tomato type and not the white carbonara although I love that white sauce. My husband, who is the one who cooks here, says that tomato sauce for the pasta is healthy unlike the white which is more of cream or milk. But the red spaghetti sauce is not sour like the original Italian style. Ours is somewhat sweet and coupled with parmesan cheese makes for a great taste of pasta.

Oh my I was flabbergasted by the many sizes and shapes of pasta as presented on the above photo. I do prefer the linguine, I like the slender and flat shape of it. I find it quite different from the usual ones I came to know. That shape is also classic and reminiscent of the old days when my mom would prepare us pasta for the lazy afternoon.

mine is penne rigate, their shape catch the sauce the best :D

I also had this amazing pasta at a restaurant once called Pici, and it's basically like fat, hand rolled spaghetti. It was incredible - I highly recommend it!
Pici are traditional from Toscana! usually they serves with wild boar ragù

I think it depends what I'm making what pasta I'll pick. If it's a red sauce like spaghetti then I love spaghettini. If I'm making macaroni and cheese then it's shells or macaroni. If I'm making a baked pasta dish then I love using farfalle or rigatoni. Sometimes it just depends on what I have available.

Penne rigate and spaghetti are my all time favourites! I like my spaghetti quite thin, but I like the thicker strands aswell. I just love Italian cooking full stop, but especially pasta! :D

We have so many boxes of Penne at our house it's ridiculous - every time someone goes to the store they keep buying it when we don't need it, so I am totally sick of Penne personally, lol.

I would say one of my overall favorites would be small rigatoni. Gia Russa brand makes them and they are only about an inch long and maybe half an inch wide. I like them because they are filling and substantial, and pair nicely with stuff like chunky vegetables, or a chunky meat sauce, and it's much easier to eat them with a fork than a long pasta. The larger rigatoni I'm not as fond of because they take forever to cook, and usually suck up all the sauce and become dry pretty easily, when you have leftovers.

My next favorite would probably be thin spaghetti. While I usually don't like fumbling around with eating longer pastas, I don't mind the thin spaghetti as much. Angel hair often gets all stuck together, plus it gets cold too fast if you don't eat it right away, and regular spaghetti is a bit too heavy imo, so the thin variety is just right when I am in the mood for something simple like pasta with garlic and olive oil, or a simple pasta dish with clams.

Orzo would be my third most favorite since I use it in wedding soup most of the time (or Pastini), but it's also a nice change of pace from the typical elbow macaroni when making pasta salad too - I especially like making an Orzo pasta salad with lemon juice, olive oil, cucumber, feta, and mint.

I don't think I have a favourite. I just pick up whatever new one I see in the supermarket the few times I go there. If it's a case where I have guest, I go for the third to right coming down. Can't make it out and don't remember the name now. When it comes to lasagne, I've never used the straight ended pasta. I like to the fancy shapes looking back at me through my glass bakeware.

Back
Top Bottom