Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes?

Local time
6:25 PM
My slow cooker just arrived in the mail yesterday and I'm quite excited to start using it. I just don't know where to begin. So what are some of your favorite recipes like soup/stew I guess, since that's what this thread is about, where you can just throw some items in and leave it sit for hours?

I love a great chili with chili beans and some meat. It is hearty, filling and you can use it for days. I put it on hot dogs, eat it plain or throw some fritos in it. I like to make things that I can use in multiple recipes.

I love beef stew in the crockpot or pulled pork or chili. I guess what I am trying to say, I love my crockpot and use it for so many recipes especially in the winter months. There is no limit to what you can cook. There are numerous recipes online for soups, stews, roasts etc. Have fun and enjoy!!

I love a great chili with chili beans and some meat. It is hearty, filling and you can use it for days. I put it on hot dogs, eat it plain or throw some fritos in it. I like to make things that I can use in multiple recipes.
I agree! Chili is one of my absolute favorite meals to make in the crock pot! It is so tasty and is a good hearty meals. Using the slow cooker is so easy and is a great resource!
Other things I like to make in the crock pot are, roasted chicken, beef roast, soups, ect...
I love having my slow cooker! It makes cooking in my home so much easier! :)

My favorite slow cooked meal is probably home made chili! It's a fantastic and very filling meal! Add some cornbread or biscuits on the side and its MMM, MMM, GOOD!

It's not really a "recipe" per se, but more of a cooking technique when using the slow cooker - in many cases I will very simply braise the meat in it, not adding any other ingredients other than some water or stock. Then when it is done cooking, I will drain of the excess liquid before adding the other ingredients. This helps prevent all the moisture in the main ingredients from diluting everything else. For example, "pulled pork" benefits from this method, since you don't have to worry about the sauce scorching around the edges, nor does it get all watered down either. Also, it gives you more options of what to do with the meat if you don't put all the ingredients and seasonings in up front. You can, for example, split the meat into two portions and perhaps save some of it for a different preparation, like carnitas.

Back
Top Bottom