Favorite Teas and Coffees

kgord

Veteran
Local time
2:57 PM
Do you have a favorite type of tea or coffee? I love Celestial Seasons Bengal Spice tea. I just asked my grocery store to order some...The best way to describe it is like a spicy chai tea. I have Cinnamon spice tea now as a substitute. For coffee, I think my favorite is either Chock Full of Nuts, (may contain chickory) or Columbian Dark can be obtained from Costco. What about you?

My favorite coffee is a Hawaiian Kona Coffee Blend - they have a few flavoured versions and a couple of the ones we love are Vanilla Macadamia and Chocolate Macadamia. We just drink the coffee black with no added sugar or milk/cream since it's so well flavored on its own!

Not really tea = strong brown + a little milk and [if you like it] sugar Coffee = black fresh = sugar [although I do like a cappuccino]. Actual brands are very similar I find - more advertising hype that real difference.

I'm actually not a big drinker of tea or coffee despite me starting reviews on them :rolleyes:.
At the moment my OH is preferring a CafeDirect (fair trade) Machu Picchu freeze dried coffee so that is what I'm drinking. It's OK, nothing more. I'd just as happily drink Nescafe Original tbh. But there are some bands I don't like and just won't touch. Maxwell House is one.

Ground coffee I'm no big fan of mostly I guess because I associate it with my ex-step father and a lot of faff and hassle, plus I don't really like any of the ones I've tried.

Tea, err no. Green tea is OK, white tea is OK, one or two herbal teas are OK such as a peppermint or 3 mint herbal tea but otherwise I can't see the need. I do like a homemade nettle and peppermint tea, but when I say homemade I really mean it. So right now because the peppermint had died back for winter, as have the nettles, there's no tea!

Earl Grey is the fellow, although I like a good strong cup of Assam.

I don't drink coffee very often, but I like Ethiopian, probably a legacy of getting some freshly roasted beans when I worked in that country.

Earl Grey seems to be one of the popular teas in the UK. I would think Lipton is the tea here that is used the most. It is certainly served in almost all restaurants...unless they are vegetarian or specialized in nature...like a coffee or tea house.

Back
Top Bottom