Favourite condiments

Local time
2:30 AM
Obviously inspired by the "condiments you hate" thread, time to talk about condiments that we LOVE!

I bought some chili & jalapeno relish back from the UK... it was one of those "hey I'll give it a try" things. I had quite a few coins left so I figured I'll buy some food stuff that I can't find here in France. Well now I'm in love and probably need to cross an ocean to get another bottle. :D

I love chili paste and chili garlic paste! I am a big fan of anything spicy because there's just much more of a thrill when your tongue is burning. Haha! It basically goes with any cuisine, especially Asian cuisine like Chinese food. It'll brighten up any dish, whether it's just a bowl of noodle soup or a full blown seafood meal. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water!

Ahh yes spicy is definitely good! I also use a lot of hot sauces, with a lot of different meals. This chili garlic paste sounds delicious.

Mayonnaise is my top choice. I like it because it doesn't have a very pronounced flavor so it doesn't overpower most ingredients. Also, I just grew up with it and immediately got drawn to its taste. I prefer ones that have less flavor in them, though, as some I've tasted tends to be a bit too sweet and I prefer the versatility of plain tasting ones. My favorite mayonnaise has to be the Japanese type, it has a very subtle difference over any other types I've tasted.

I really love Curry and Allspice. These two condiments always go into any marinade that I do, and I sometimes even sprinkle a pinch of curry over things like baked potatoes or even rice. Anther favorite condiment of mine is soy sauce. I love the salty taste it gives most foods, and I think soy sauce goes with just about anything.

I generally don't use the standard condiments like mustard and mayo. I use spices such as cayenne, dill, and taco sauce on a lot of things. I'm a mood eater so it really depends on what kind of a mood I am in when I cook.

Back
Top Bottom