Favourite European cuisine

Local time
4:53 PM
Website
www.helium.com
Since I've been spending so much time in Spain, I've come to love Spanish cuisine. It's tasty, healthy and simple - most Spanish recipes have no more than half a dozen quality ingredients, because a lot of the cooking tradition is based on peasant-type recipes.

What's your favourite type of European cuisine, and why?

I'm not widely travelled, so my thoughts come mainly from what I've eaten at home, but I think I'd probably choose Italian, due to my love of pasta...

I have to say that I fell in love with Turkish food whilst I was there. Otherwise it would be German food (chefs going out of their way to make something for me if nothing on the menu was an option) and I simply love both German and Danish breads. Hummm thoughts going back to the last loaf of sunflower rye bread we bought in Germany that was too warm to be sliced as thinly as normally sliced and was eaten still slightly warm smoothered in Nutella that went from fingers to bread to mouth rather too quickly!

Since I've been spending so much time in Spain, I've come to love Spanish cuisine. It's tasty, healthy and simple - most Spanish recipes have no more than half a dozen quality ingredients, because a lot of the cooking tradition is based on peasant-type recipes.

What's your favourite type of European cuisine, and why?

Interesting question, Sandra. Is there such a beast as Spanish cuisine? Churros at 6am in Madrid seems sensible, but otherwise out of place? I find it difficult to countenance Paella outside of Valencia province and even then only in Albufera.

Anyhow, completely contradicting myself, I'll go for Turkish cuisine, entirely refracted through my experience of north london kebab joints!

Back
Top Bottom