ours are
  1. cheese & beetroot
  2. cheese & onion
  3. lemon curd
  4. left over shepherds pie between bread
  5. fish finger
  6. chip butty
  7. egg (not mine by a long shot)

Cheese and pickle. Also, Brie and Cranberry.

Chicken in almost any form. As a kid, when we had a roast chicken, it was made to last over several meals, and one real treat was chicken sandwiches for Sunday tea.

Crisps. A favourite late supper just before bed when I was little, watching Starsky and Hutch. I found out the hard way when I was a kid that these have to be eaten fresh. I asked for them for my school lunch once, and found that the marg made the crisps go soggy. A sandwich of slightly salty damp discs of potato is not the same.

I love cheese and beetroot as well, but my absolute favourite is tuna and sweetcorn with a difference. I don't use butter on the bread, which must be brown. I put grated tomato on one slice, and garlic mayonnaise on the other, then add the tuna and sweetcorn, sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper and a little fresh parsley. Wonderful!

• ham and english mustard.
  • hard cheese and Branston pickle.
  • Quorn fishless fingers and tomato relish.
and my new favourite...
  • falafel and soft goats cheese in a wholemeal pitta.in fact I might make it for lunch tomorrow, now I've mentioned it! :D
I need to up my game and try to make my own falafel, I buy the ready made stuff at the mo.

I'll have to try cheese & beetroot, sounds good.

Smoked salmon and salad (no tomatoes) where the pile of smoked salmon is as thick as the bread.

Also Salami (or any other similar product) with the above salad.

And mustn't forget bacon, ideally a mix of (not too browned) back bacon and crispy streaky bacon with brown sauce.

Back
Top Bottom