Feast of Fiction: YouTube Cooking Show

Ellyn

Veteran
Local time
9:55 PM
Except for my mother's elderly manservant who I called grandfather, I didn't actually grow up in a family that cooked. Most of what I was curious about making, came from stories that I read that spent waaay too many words on describing the food than the plot or characters called for--which I didn't mind in the least.

So, I was glad to discover Feast of Fiction, a YouTube cooking show dedicated to bringing some great fictional foods to life, not only from novels both classic and trending, but from cartoons, films, and video games as well.

If you just want to learn how to make the thing, then it might get annoying how theatrical everybody is--but at least they're having fun! And I personally have a lot of fun watching them have fun. The recipes are usually written up in the video description anyway.

They've got Harry Potter's butterbeer and pumpkin pasties, sea salt ice cream from the Kingdom Hearts II video game, ratataouille from the PIxar film of the same title, custard and fish fingers from the new Doctor Who, and they even try their hand at the Game of Thrones lemon cakes as provided by HBO (I've heard it tastes good, "absolutely delicious", but looks kind of gross to me now that I see how it's cooked, and I do not blame the hosts of this show for that!)

Back
Top Bottom