Feeling for something spicy!

kammy

Veteran
Local time
4:14 AM
Saturdays in my household is usually designated as our Soup Days however today i am just not in the mood to have any sort of soup whatsoever; i am so feeling like having some Barbecued Spare Ribs or some Lemon Shrimp alongside a lettuce and tomato salad. I guess the new year call for changes and i am so ready to start making some changes in my kitchen as i am getting tired of the same old recipes!

Oooh I would absolutely go for the ribs. They actually sound very good right now. I was watching Food Network this morning and there was actually a feature on a restaurant that smokes spare ribs with tons of spices and bbq sauce. I never thought of smoking ribs before.

Sounds like you are way overdue for a bit of change in the kitchen and it is well deserved. I love spicy foods however I'm a vegan so the spare ribs don't appeal to me.
Hope you had a fantastic meal though.

I get bored of cooking the same old foods too, kammy. I absolutely love ribs so if you ended up making them and they were a success, I'd love to know the recipe!

My family announced that they were getting sick of eating the same foods all the time so I have been changing it up a bit too. The funny part is that I almost never make soup so I have actually been trying to make more of it. It especially warms the soul on these nasty winter days we have been having.

Saturdays in my household is usually designated as our Soup Days however today i am just not in the mood to have any sort of soup whatsoever; i am so feeling like having some Barbecued Spare Ribs or some Lemon Shrimp alongside a lettuce and tomato salad. I guess the new year call for changes and i am so ready to start making some changes in my kitchen as i am getting tired of the same old recipes!

http://www.mccormick.com/Gourmet/Recipes/Main-Dishes/Jamaican-Jerk-Braised-Spareribs

Kammy do you favor this recipe or are you going to provide us with your own? I saw the above recipe online and figured some jerk in those ribs is the spice we will need spare ribs. I am not sure Missbishi can get her hands on that jerk seasoning but in the cooking business we know how to substitute. I agree with you about changing up things and getting into some more exciting recipes. The wheels are already in motion for me.

Back
Top Bottom