Fiesta in the provinces

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
1:31 PM
The so called fiesta is a town-wide celebration that is normally a way of thanksgiving intended to their patron saint for the good harvest in the past year. Most of the town fiesta are held in the rural provinces that is participated in by the majority of the populace. They would say that everyone is welcome to partake of the food so you just go there and you will be invited by people you do not even know. It is an open house in all houses.

This sounds like a great time to get together and meet some new friends and try some new foods.
It would also be a change to see some people that you haven't seen in a while. What types of foods
would be available at these fiestas?

I love fiestas! I love how in small communities people bring their homemade recipes for potluck. Or how some kindhearted neighbor will donate a suckling pig or rotisserie beef. LOL. I love how we have so many food celebrations in Asia.

There is this fiesta in the province of Quezon, particularly in the town of Lucban where the houses are decorated by Kiping during the fiesta week. Kiping is a kind of rice cake that is crispy and thin like the lumpia wrapper - it is similar to the rice paper of Vietnam. They cook the Kiping in different colors to serve as decor for their houses. It is a decoration that is edible. And they also have a delicacy called Pancit Habhab which is a dish of sauteed noodles with pork belly strips and vegetable toppings. They are all free during the fiesta week.

Reactions: L_B
I love anything festive and lively. From the table set up, the food, the people and all sorts of merry-making. I think that is what these fiestas are all about. I also like the idea of having a sense of community. I love learning about other people's culture and one way to learn that is by checking on their local cuisine.

Back
Top Bottom