First duck eggs.

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
9:54 PM
First ever trying these, Yorky got me wanting to try these. His bright yolks looked so tempting. Daughter was given two to try, she gave them to me to cook. White cheese toast bread and two poached eggs. S and p added after I took the pic. Not much white around the yolk which surprised me. Mainly yolk, and very rich and thick. I liked them, daughter not so much because she kept invisioning fluffy ducks. She won't eat venison either.

Russ

Nice! Friends of mine have ducks & I sometimes get a few eggs. I do find them too rich on their own, so I'll mix them with normal chook eggs for scrambled eggs or an omelette. Apparently duck eggs make a great sponge cake

First ever trying these, Yorky got me wanting to try these. His bright yolks looked so tempting. Daughter was given two to try, she gave them to me to cook. White cheese toast bread and two poached eggs. S and p added after I took the pic. Not much white around the yolk which surprised me. Mainly yolk, and very rich and thick. I liked them, daughter not so much because she kept invisioning fluffy ducks. She won't eat venison either.

Did you think to weigh them?

No but I didn't think they were too big, they were the size of a free range egg I get here, slightly elliptical too. What's the weight thing??? Yorky

Just wondered. Our chicken eggs weigh in at around 60 gms whereas our duck eggs weigh between 80 and 100gms.

Nice! Friends of mine have ducks & I sometimes get a few eggs. I do find them too rich on their own, so I'll mix them with normal chook eggs for scrambled eggs or an omelette. Apparently duck eggs make a great sponge cake

My daughter said the same thing about the sponge.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom