First Time makingTurducken.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
2:58 PM
This is not one of the actual recipes for the dish yet. Just writing to say that I think I will finally give it a whirl tomorrow & do it!! Bought a 1/2 turkey breast today, & bought some 1/2 duck breasts & some 1/2 chicken breasts a couple weeks ago.

Everything will be cut in 1/2 so that I don't make too much. I don't have a recipe for it yet. Most of them call for using a whole turkey with most of the bone removed. I'm not going that route! Besides, it is only me. It would be way too much!! I will try my hand at it, & hopefully, it is a success. It'll be a small one.

Have to make some stuffing in the morning. It'll be a Sunday dinner with some banana pudding for desert. Wish me luck!! :wink:

This is not one of the actual recipes for the dish yet. Just writing to say that I think I will finally give it a whirl tomorrow & do it!! Bought a 1/2 turkey breast today, & bought some 1/2 duck breasts & some 1/2 chicken breasts a couple weeks ago.

Everything will be cut in 1/2 so that I don't make too much. I don't have a recipe for it yet. Most of them call for using a whole turkey with most of the bone removed. I'm not going that route! Besides, it is only me. It would be way too much!! I will try my hand at it, & hopefully, it is a success. It'll be a small one.

Have to make some stuffing in the morning. It'll be a Sunday dinner with some banana pudding for desert. Wish me luck!! :wink:

Look forward to the pics.

Russ

Can't do it today, as I thought that I would. Back is killing me. I'm in immense pain & can't move much.

I looked at the ingredients & it looks like an awful lot of them!! Too much!! I just wanted to make a simple one. But it seems there's no easy way to do it. I'll do it sometime during the week.

Can't do it today, as I thought that I would. Back is killing me. I'm in immense pain & can't move much.

I looked at the ingredients & it looks like an awful lot of them!! Too much!! I just wanted to make a simple one. But it seems there's no easy way to do it. I'll do it sometime during the week.

The reason there are so many ingredients is that he makes 3 different stuffings, which would be ridiculous when making for 1 or 2 people. I still intend to make 1 eventually as I've mentioned previously, but I'll try to use dark meat, though I may have to use a turkey breast if I can't find thighs. I know they have drumsticks and breasts, but don't know about other pieces. I'll make 2 stuffings simply because Craig likes a bread cube stuffing and I like cornbread.

Feel better.

Last edited:
Some pain is still present, but it IS on it's way out though. I'll be back in the kitchen soon! :wink:

We are watching Food Paradise and a place called Banger's in Texas makes a turducken sausage, then grills them and puts them on a sandwich using a kolache roll, caramelized onions and a horseradish remoulade

Back
Top Bottom