Fish and Chips could be off the British Menu in 50 years

That is so sad because UK fish and chips are supposed to be the best ever. All I have been hearing though is how soggy and undercooked the fries are...that does not sound appealing at all! It appears as though the white delicate fish will be leaving and the pungent dark meat fishes will be replacing them. That is an interesting concept.
I know of a few fantastic chip shops. Just sadly not around me. They do exist, but they are out numbered by bad ones who often do more than just fish and chips and don't do anything very well.

One of my life goals is to travel Europe and I would love to stop by a good fish and chips place to have some authentic ones. The closest I have come is eating at the British setup at Epcot Center in Florida :dance:. Not very realistic, I know, but the ladies who served me were British. You will have to clue me in on the best fish and chips places to go to should I ever make it across the gigantic pond that seperates our countries!

One of my life goals is to travel Europe and I would love to stop by a good fish and chips place to have some authentic ones. The closest I have come is eating at the British setup at Epcot Center in Florida :dance:. Not very realistic, I know, but the ladies who served me were British. You will have to clue me in on the best fish and chips places to go to should I ever make it across the gigantic pond that seperates our countries!

Whitby in Yorkshire

If you are coming to the good old UK to try fish and chips you must go north to Harry Ramsdens. There were hundreds of good chip shops at one time but sadly this has declined now and Harry Ramsdens [check the net] is the only one that seems to be a guaranteed bet [besides you get to see the beautiful yorkshire countryside]. Second chips with fish and chips are NOT french fries - do not expect them to be. Finally do have mushy peas with the meal and proper TEA not some strange lemon tea or other concoction. Fish should not be fried in oil - only beef dripping will do, it is not healthy but it is wonderful.

If you are coming to the good old UK to try fish and chips you must go north to Harry Ramsdens. There were hundreds of good chip shops at one time but sadly this has declined now and Harry Ramsdens [check the net] is the only one that seems to be a guaranteed bet [besides you get to see the beautiful yorkshire countryside]. Second chips with fish and chips are NOT french fries - do not expect them to be. Finally do have mushy peas with the meal and proper TEA not some strange lemon tea or other concoction. Fish should not be fried in oil - only beef dripping will do, it is not healthy but it is wonderful.

:hungry:

Back
Top Bottom