Recipe Fish Finger Pizza

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
3:32 PM
Imag1.jpg

What do you do when you have decided that you are making Pizza for tea, but then someone else decides that they want Fish Fingers? Of course the answer is simple you simply combine the two foods together to fuse together tastes that were destined to be with each other!

Ingredients
  • 1tbsp Baking Powder
  • 100g Butter (diced)
  • 8 Omega 3 Fish Fingers
  • 200g Mild Cheddar (grated)
  • 300g Milk
  • 2 tbsp Olive Oil
  • 500g Self-raising-flour
  • 300g Tomato sauce pizza topping
Preparation
  1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the flour and baking powder in a large bowl, then rub in the butter. Add the milk and bring together to make a soft, slightly sticky dough. Brush a 25cm x 36cm baking tray with a little olive oil and press the dough into it, making sure it goes right to the corners
  2. Cook fish fingers as per pack instructions
  3. Arrange the sauce, fish fingers over the base. Scatter over the cheeses, drizzle with the remaining oil. Season to taste. Bake for 25 mins until nicely browned.
http://www.birdseye.co.uk/recipes/fish-finger-pizza

Last edited by a moderator:
I love fish fingers but this is a very peculiar recipe. 500g of flour is enough for two quite large pizzas - and this uses self raising flour and milk to make the dough which is not really a pizza dough at all. The picture shows two fish fingers in a small 'pizza' with not much sign of the tomato sauce. Its a very puzzling recipe... it says to scatter over the cheeses, but only one cheese is listed. Should it perhaps have mozzarella as well?

However, as I love fish fingers and have been known to eat fish finger butties, then I am willing to try it. My test kitchen file is tacking up...

I really wasn't expecting fish fingers in the pizza. I was thinking it was another one of those recipes with just a name....you know what I mean @classic33

Back
Top Bottom