Recipe Fish moqueca

LissaC

Legendary Member
Local time
10:38 PM
Image from iOS (151).jpg

Moqueca is a traditional brazilian stew, and a great way for me to enjoy coconut milk (one of my favorite ingredients) other than in curries :D

- 600g hake fish
- Half a dozen shrimps
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tomatoes, skinned
- Half of 1 red bell pepper
- Half of 1 green bell pepper
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 coffee spoon saffron
- salt, pepper, olive oil

1. Remove skins from the shrimp. Add to the hake fish and into the lemon juice
2. Mince onion and garlic. Put them on a pan along with olive oil and sauté.
3. Add tomatoes and peppers, saffron, coconut milk and bell peppers. Season with salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil.
4. Add hake fish and shrimps and cook for 10 minutes with the pan uncovered. If you want to reduce the sauce further, let it simmer for a couple more minutes.

Enjoy it fresh cilantro.

Happy cooking!

The Dogs, Bravo . That a definite keeper. Darling if you had posted it yesterday both swordfish steaks would be in the freezer and I would make it for tonight.

His looks delicious. As I'm intolerant to coconut milk (plus unlike you LissaC I don't like the creamy taste) I'd need to substitute or leave it out. I usually substitute yoghurt but not sure if it would work here.

His looks delicious. As I'm intolerant to coconut milk (plus unlike you LissaC I don't like the creamy taste) I'd need to substitute or leave it out. I usually substitute yoghurt but not sure if it would work here.

that’s a really good question...I think the issues is what will pair with the saffron. I’ve seen recipes with almond milk and saffron so it may work?

that’s a really good question...I think the issues is what will pair with the saffron. I’ve seen recipes with almond milk and saffron so it may work?

That's a good idea. In fact I was looking at a recipe (part of a michelin star recipe) for almond cream infused with saffron.

Back
Top Bottom