Recipe Fish Stew

Lupa06

Veteran
Local time
9:42 PM
I am a huge seafood and fish lover, I also love soups and stews of any kind.

With the holidays just around the corner, I have been racking my brain on what kind of fish/seafood dish I can make (fish is a big tradition for the holidays). While sitting around doing a puzzle with my twins, it dawned on me, why not make my delicious fish stew with garlic bread on the side.

Here is my recipe, sorry but I don't use exact measurements it is more of a little bit of this and that, than taste to see if it needs anything added.

Ingredients:
Mixed bag of seafood and fish (of your choice)
Garlic
Onion
Parsley
Basil
Oregano
Salt n' Pepper to taste
Chunk Tomatoes (in a can) (do not through out the juice of the can)
Olive Oil
Chilli Flakes (optional)
Celery
Carrots

Directions:

Saute onion and garlic in olive over medium heat in a large pot. Add celery, carrots, tomatoes and juice of tomatoes. Allow to cook for 10 - 15 mins. Add the mixed bag of seafood and fish and all other ingredients. Once everything is completely cooked taste and add any of the above herbs if needed.

Note: If you want stew to be thicker add some tomato paste.

Serve warm with garlic bread for dipping

Enjoy :)

I adore seafood and fish as well. Sadly, if I was to buy 'mixed fish' from the supermarket it wouldn't be up to much. Its sold for fish pies and isn't worth buying here. I make a fish stew too but it requires a good fish stock to give it real depth of flavour. The one I make is based on a Rick Stein recipe which I'll post up.

We made a seafood chowder a few weeks ago and it was so good. We used cod, clams, shrimp, lobster, and scallops. It was really, really good. We made a huge pot of it. We like it creamy so we added cream along with onions, potatoes and garlic.

@morning glory

My mother makes her version of fish stew with fresh fish and her fish stock also. My fish stew is both a short cut and a mix of my culture and husbands.

I have not yet tried seafood chowder, however it seems like it would be a winner. If you have a great recipe to share please do so I'd love to try it.

Back
Top Bottom