Flatbreads - have you ever made them?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
11:47 PM
Do you make flatbreads? We are talking a whole range of flatbreads here both leavened and unleavened such as pitta, roti, paratha, naan, tortilla. Many of them are very easy to make and very fast to make, too. Have you ever tried?

Ive made several as they are easier for making gluten free than other bread. I've made them using gf flour, gram flour and even cauliflower. I'm pretty sure I posted some here so I'll hunt those out. I don't think I've posted cardamom flatbread as I've not made that for years! I must remedy this.

In the morning I'm off to a 'alert show' where I'm planning to attend seminars on making gluten free pastry and bread.

I don't think I've posted cardamom flatbread as I've not made that for years! I must remedy this.

That sounds interesting! Please post.

I'm off to a 'alert show' where I'm planning to attend seminars on making gluten free pastry and bread.

I don't know what an 'alert show' is. But I'd like to know more about the seminars.

I've made pita, naan, tortillas, fry bread, and have a general all purpose flatbread that can be easily tailored to whatever meal we're having.

Never really been a bread maker, although I like to buy a nice sourdough or ciabatta bread and make my own garlic bread. With a bit of chilly sauce and a wee it o cheese. My grandkids all love it. So do I,lol. I make my own garlic butter from a friends paddock.

Russ

I use store bought flatbread all the time...tortillas and naan mostly, matter of fact aldi had a yummy looking flatbread topped with spinach and artichokes that i am planning on having real soon...like tonight.

I do wish aldis had more veggie frozen foods...tho i do gotta say its kinda hit or miss qualitywise and sometime the quality changes from one package to the next.

I use store bought flatbread all the time...tortillas and naan mostly, matter of fact aldi had a yummy looking flatbread topped with spinach and artichokes that i am planning on having real soon...like tonight.

I do wish aldis had more veggie frozen foods...tho i do gotta say its kinda hit or miss qualitywise and sometime the quality changes from one package to the next.

Flatbread is an ideal thing to make for one as you can easily make just one or two at a time.

Here is my aldis spinach and artichoke flat bread...i added some tricolor bell peppers to it.
8C5E1E78-693B-423C-9307-F0632087E8C2.jpeg

Its a little salty but overall quite tasty. I would buy it again.

Back
Top Bottom