Recipe & Video Flatiron steak fajitas

Hungry Man

Local time
8:27 PM
Website
www.youtube.com
As I could not find skirt steak, I tried to grill some flatiron steaks for my fajitas. Hope you enjoy the video and the recipe.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzNUPwOzom0&t=12s

Ingredients:
- 500g flat iron steak (other types of steaks also work, such as outside skirt steak, flank steak etc...)
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 large mushrooms (I used portobello mushrooms)
- 2 onions
For the marinade:
- lime juice, 3 Tpsb
- worchestershire sauce, 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, 3 Tbsp
- garlic, 3 cloves (chopped or minced)
- cumin, 2 Tsp
- paprika powder, 2 Tsp
- black pepper, 2 Tsp

Method:
- First mix the ingredients for the marinade and pour them into a seal bag
- Place the steaks inside the seal bag and let them rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- Prepare the grill and start grilling the steaks on direct fire
- On the other side of the grill, place a cast iron pan and heat it up
- Now the pan is hot, add some olive oil and start sauteing the vegetables (chopped onions, peppers and mushrooms)
- Once the steaks are seared, flip them over and sear the other side. Be careful not to overcook the steaks.
- Take the steaks out and give them a rest for 1minute. Slice them into thinner pieces.
- Move the vegetables to one side of the pan and add some butter to the other side of the pan.
- Add the steaks to the pan and let them be seared with butter for a few seconds
- Take the pan out of the grill and serve with tortillas, guacamole, tomato salsa and sour cream.

Serve with guacamole, salsa, sour cream, tortillas and enjoy!

We bought some skirt steak on sale a couple of weeks ago. Will be using some of it for fajitas. Last week cube steaks were bogo.

We bought some skirt steak on sale a couple of weeks ago. Will be using some of it for fajitas. Last week cube steaks were bogo.
Here in Netherlands, it's not easy to find a variety of steaks in regular markets, they are usually available online via more specialized online websites.

Here in Netherlands, it's not easy to find a variety of steaks in regular markets, they are usually available online via more specialized online websites.

Darn, forgot where you live. Well then, the best Heineken beer I've ever had was at a hotel bar in Amsterdam. On tap and higher alcohol content than what we can get here.

I love flat iron steak. It used to be really cheap, then TV chefs started talking it up, so now it costs almost as much as a ribeye.

I have used it many times for tacos. Cooked over charcoal, and sliced for tacos, I like it better than skirt steak.

CD

Back
Top Bottom