Flip that Burger

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
3:04 AM
To save Morning Glory from going beyond the Last MOD Comment in Butter, post your Burger joint discussions here.

What I really like is a Lamburger, using ground Lamb, instead of ground Beef, Turkey or Chicken. I might put Feta Cheese on it, instead of Cheddar or something else. There are no Burger Joints that make Lamburgers. :o_o:

To save Morning Glory from going beyond the Last MOD Comment in Butter, post your Burger joint discussions here.

What I really like is a Lamburger, using ground Lamb, instead of ground Beef, Turkey or Chicken. I might put Feta Cheese on it, instead of Cheddar or something else. There are no Burger Joints that make Lamburgers. :o_o:
Lamb burger sounds great. I've never made one, but we do make lamb koftas quite often - basically the same thing but a different shape! As feta (generally) doesn't melt, how about crumbling some into the burger mince?

We once did some duck burgers stuffed with cheese, but I can't remember what cheese it was.

Lamb burger sounds great. I've never made one, but we do make lamb koftas quite often - basically the same thing but a different shape! As feta (generally) doesn't melt, how about crumbling some into the burger mince?

We once did some duck burgers stuffed with cheese, but I can't remember what cheese it was.

The Feta Cheese crumbles work out OK, once the lid is put on the Burger.

One Burger place I really like is a "Do It Yourself" Burger Restaurant. Here-abouts, Juicy Burger fits that definition. They will fry the Burgers, Steaks, Chicken, whatever, to order, but then, you piece together the rest from the Burger Bar which includes all sorts of little side elements, like pickles, olives, salad fix'ns, mustards, ketchup, sauces and oils.

And refills on the Sodas are free.

Home made Shrimp Burger Patty's green and red salads. I made up the patty recipe up in the morning by adapting a Gefilte Fish recipe. Yesterday we boiled and shelled the shrimp we bought and froze last week. To quote yesterdays prediction " I am going to make shrimp burgers for tonight. In my head this sounds right. Put onion and hake fillets in the food processor and wizz till smooth, add egg and ground almonds an pulse a bit. Drop the shrimps in and pulse to chop and mix a little. Cool then shape."
1606307784519.png
1606307818208.png
1606307839125.png

Home made Shrimp Burger Patty's green and red salads. I made up the patty recipe up in the morning by adapting a Gefilte Fish recipe. Yesterday we boiled and shelled the shrimp we bought and froze last week. To quote yesterdays prediction " I am going to make shrimp burgers for tonight. In my head this sounds right. Put onion and hake fillets in the food processor and wizz till smooth, add egg and ground almonds an pulse a bit. Drop the shrimps in and pulse to chop and mix a little. Cool then shape."

Hey! Now that's something that I will have to try. Another favorite Burger of mine is Salmon Burgers.

I've had lamb burgers and goat burgers - both are great. I like bison burgers and regular hamburgers. Although I admit my favorites have been lamb or goat. I've done pork sliders (basically I consider them small burgers), and I like those as well. They still have moisture even when cooked well-done.

I am not fond of chicken or turkey burgers - you have to dry them out to get them safe to eat, and I also seriously prefer to know when I get my ground meat that it is coming from no more than one or two animals. That being said, I do on occasion eat fast food burgers. (Which not knowing where they came from, should be well-done...)

For fast food, Wendy's are fine, as is Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Even if the latter is a bit expensive. But I haven't been out for a burger since pre-COVID. Mainly because I really prefer to get mine lettuce wrapped (no bun) which is entirely too messy to eat in a car, and by the time I'd drive the 35 minutes to get them home, I'd need to re-heat them, which defeats the point of fast food to begin with. (Now if someone actually made buns that truly TASTED good... I could change my mind on that!)

I haven't tried salmon burgers but I should. I've had crab cakes which one could imagine making burgers out of - the best of course being in the Maryland region of the US.

(And no, no In N Outs, or Shake Shacks anywhere near here to try. If they are in the Chicago area, burgers weren't on my brother's mind when selecting places to go out and dine - and he grills a mean burger at his house, anyway.)

An experiment I plan to run in early December:

I have purchased both types of highly-hyped vegan ground "beef", not yet formed into burgers. I froze them. I also have some frozen real beef from a pastured, grass-finished cow raised in Vermont. (I realize I should also get a bit of regular supermarket ground beef of a low-end variety - something that would taste-comparison with McDonald's or Burger King... but, nope.)

Sometime early December I will thaw all three, and make equal-sized patties, seasoning only with salt and pepper. I'll have to do my best to adjust for salt levels already in the vegan "meat". They'll be slider sized, and served to me on lettuce. It would be nice if someone were here to make this a "blind" study, but this will work for a preliminary round. Maybe I can invite a friend over and serve her a bit of each one?

The rest of each package will be made into my version of small meatloafs. This may be more suitable for sharing.

Has anyone out there tried the Beyond Beef or the Impossible Burger?

I know the commercial veggie burgers from the 90s and the 00s were rubbery and mostly tasteless (except for the rubbery bit). And they have an ingredient list as long as a hardened criminal's rap sheet.

As an alternative to Burgers, I intend within the next few days to do a Meatball Sandwich. In this case, I have prepared, store bought meatballs. I will prepare a tomato sauce with some spicing, oregano, etc. to cover them on the sandwich.

Meatball Sandwiches, unlike Burgers, do not do the Lettuce, Onion, Mustard, etc. thing. No matter what you use for the Meatballs, Beef, Turkey, Salmon, Crab, etc., you are likely going to build your sandwich with just the Meatballs and a Gravy or Sauce. And you may likely use an elongated Bread Roll, instead of a round Bun.

If I were to make a Shrimp or Crab Meatball Sandwich, I might use an Alfredo Sauce or some home concocted Cream Sauce, to suggest.

As an alternative to Burgers, I intend within the next few days to do a Meatball Sandwich. In this case, I have prepared, store bought meatballs. I will prepare a tomato sauce with some spicing, oregano, etc. to cover them on the sandwich.

Meatball Sandwiches, unlike Burgers, do not do the Lettuce, Onion, Mustard, etc. thing. No matter what you use for the Meatballs, Beef, Turkey, Salmon, Crab, etc., you are likely going to build your sandwich with just the Meatballs and a Gravy or Sauce. And you may likely use an elongated Bread Roll, instead of a round Bun.

If I were to make a Shrimp or Crab Meatball Sandwich, I might use an Alfredo Sauce or some home concocted Cream Sauce, to suggest.
Subway do meatball ones here.

Your heart is pure,
Thank you, after 69 years and 10 month someone who really recognizes my endearing quality.
They are called Cevapi here, In Dalmatia the Ottoman influence on the Croatia cuisine is far more apparent than that of our Italian neighbors Ćevapi (Cyrillic: ћевапи, pronounced [tɕeʋǎːpi]) or ćevapčići (formal diminutive; Cyrillic: ћевапчићи, pronounced [tɕeʋǎptʃitɕi]) is a grilled dish of minced meat found traditionally in the countries of southeast Europe (the Balkans). It is considered a national dish of Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina,[1] and is also common in Croatia,[2][3][4] Montenegro, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Slovenia, and Albania.
Ćevapi has its origins in the Balkans during the Ottoman period, and represents a regional speciality similar to the köfte kebab.
Cevapi in Somun
1606388150643.png
1606388292972.png
1606388433461.png

Back
Top Bottom