Flour, water & salt: noodles?

bburned

Local time
9:35 AM
I live in an area that is not rich in ethnic foods. great foods, but if I want Asian, I load up the car and head to Oakland, CA. last time in Oakland, I had some handcut noodles. they were delicious, and the texture was sublime.

naturally, I came home and googled it. I watched a few videos to compare, noted water/flour ratios, and today is the day. my wife is going hiking and I have a few online meetings to attend to. plenty of time to work on my noodle-game. the maiden voyage.

I still have to knead it one more time, and then it gets wrapped tightly and will rest in the fridge for most of the day. then my sharpest knife and will slice some noodles. give me plenty of time to consider a meat sauce, or maybe just a chili oil. my wife is gonna be amazed, hopefully.

this is after initial knead, and a 30 minute time-out. getting smoother.

noodle2.jpg

sorry, I put this in the wrong forum.

Moved it. Great first attempt!

You might want to invest in a manual pasta machine which helps roll the dough really thin and does the cutting. The problem by hand is getting the dough rolled thin enough. Cutting by hand can be done by dusting the dough with flour, then rolling it up into a long sausage and cutting across. Puggles recently experimented with making pasta (see here) and here. Look at both threads and you will see the difference when Puggles bought a pasta machine.

Back
Top Bottom