Food for bad skin

janineaa

Veteran
Local time
7:51 PM
What food must you avoid in order to get rid of bad skin? Or what is a good diet to have glowing and clear skin?

I never believed oily foods and stuff people say give you pimples and oily skin were true, but I saw a big change on my skin after I started loosing weight and eating healthier. Before I always had at least 2 or 3 pimples in my face at all times, and my T-zone was really oily, but after I changed my diet I have had maybe pimple the whole month! That is a huge change!
The foods you should avoid are the obvious ones: chocolate, sweets, candy, deserts, fried foods, heavy and oily carbs. Eat more fruit, a lot of vegetables, yogurt (greek is great!), nuts (not too much) and lean meats. That will certainly improve your skin greatly!!

I think a healthy body will lead to healthy skin. If you stick to a healthy diet - lots of veggies and healthy carbs and proteins, you should see a difference. Keep in mind that the skin cells can take several weeks to move from the base of the skin to the surface. If you work on an internal improvement for your skin, you should expect to wait about six weeks for the change to be fully realized. Avoid dehydrating your body - caffeine and alcohol can dry out cells and can give you a less healthy appearance.

Thanks very much guys! Good thing I'm doing my best to eat healthy, with a lot of vegetables in my diet. I also try to be active more, so I hope to see a difference!

Doctors will usually say there's no connection between and food and acne but that couldn't be further from the truth. The maxim that you are what you eat is very true. That being said, the best foods to eat for acne are foods high in vitamin a or beta carotene. Obviously then foods like carrots and spinach would happen to be foods very good for your skin.

They said that " what you eat is what you are"...if you are eating healthy foods...fruits, vegetables, less oily and fatty foods, less sweets, taking multivitamins will helps you to have good skin. And also having eight hours of sleep everyday, less stress, having a regular exercise regimen, doing good to other people, less worries and having peace of mind.. I think all of these also will makes your skin the way you want it to be radiant looking. And one thing is drinking lots of WATER...it is the BEST to REHYDRATE your skin.

Plenty of water and vitamin C is the best way to beautiful healthy skin. In essence, go outside on a sunny day and visit the sun for awhile and drink water.

I also eat lots and lots of vegetables as they are my go to food.

Eat vegetables. Don't limit yourself to the green leafy ones. It would give you different nutrients that you'll be needing for your body. Also, never forget to drink lots of water since it helps in hydrating your skin. Try to sleep at least six to eight hours a day and never forget to exercise. I was told that foods that are rich in protein can help your skin from sagging so it can make you look younger.

I think that this depends on why your skin is bad. Obviously if you're allergic to something that gives you rashes if you eat it, then stay away from that food! Some people are allergic to shellfish, whereas other people have skin types that take full advantage of the omega nutrients found in the same food.

When I get acne, it's usually because of hormones, so what I eat doesn't matter as much as that I eat regularly in a balanced way--and that I drink lots of water and wash/scrub thoroughly and often with the right sort of soap. Fat-soluble vitamins and antioxidant supplements can help a lot too.

There's some beauty masques made out of avocado or even banana that you're supposed to apply directly on the skin instead of eating, and those are great fun even though I doubt that the pores really digest it.

I find that drinking a lot of water everyday is the best thing for my skin. It keeps me hydrated and flushes out the toxins that may get into my body from food. Good diet is also key, when I am eating a lot of crap it shows on my face.

A balanced diet is the answer. Balanced diet equals healthy body equals to healthy skin! But research says that eating a lot of fruits and vegetables leads to healthier skin. Along with keeping good hyrdation of the body and healthy sun exposure.

The most important thing one can do to get rid of acne is to drink plenty of water. I read that adults need 64 ounces of water every day, and that’s regular water, not water from juices or soups or sodas. Water will keep one’s skin hydrated and will help in flushing out acne-causing chemicals.

Eat chocolates, yogurt and pomegranate just to name a few. Fruits and vegetables in general contribute to a healthy glowing skin. Bad skin is mostly a sign that you need to detoxify. You can also apply yogurt on your skin and regularly sweat it out at home or at the gym.

You shouldn't be eating anything that is processed, GMO, or anything with a high salt and sugar content. Just detox yourself and drink a lot of water. Yes you need vitamin E/beta carotene, but you need the other vitamins and minerals as well for a healthier body and strong immune system. Whatever is damaged it can be healed with a strong immune system

Back
Top Bottom