Food Processor Recommendation

Momma9

Veteran
Local time
1:24 PM
I use my food processor A LOT. I process fermented cabbage by the gallon in the spring and fall. I use it several times a week.

I started with an old Panasonic from the 80's. My neighbor gave it to me in 1990. I used that thing soooo much and it never failed me. Even making laundry soap (grinding up hard bar soap). A few years ago a plastic piece broke and that was the end of my little friend.

So husband said to splurge and get a really good one. I spent a large chunk of cash on a Cuisinart. I hate it and now the motor is worn out! It has all these 'safety' features that get gunk inside so it is a pain to clean. Many times I just use a hand grater I so dread cleaning it. It has twice the capacity of the old one, but holds half the amount of liquid! I am always overflowing it all over the counter. And now the motor is not even strong enough to grind cheese!!

Can anyone recommend a good food processor? That you have actually used a lot and it lasts and you like it? I have heard the KitchenAid is good, but that is what everyone said about the Cuisnart!!

I use my food processor A LOT. I process fermented cabbage by the gallon in the spring and fall. I use it several times a week.

I started with an old Panasonic from the 80's. My neighbor gave it to me in 1990. I used that thing soooo much and it never failed me. Even making laundry soap (grinding up hard bar soap). A few years ago a plastic piece broke and that was the end of my little friend.

So husband said to splurge and get a really good one. I spent a large chunk of cash on a Cuisinart. I hate it and now the motor is worn out! It has all these 'safety' features that get gunk inside so it is a pain to clean. Many times I just use a hand grater I so dread cleaning it. It has twice the capacity of the old one, but holds half the amount of liquid! I am always overflowing it all over the counter. And now the motor is not even strong enough to grind cheese!!

Can anyone recommend a good food processor? That you have actually used a lot and it lasts and you like it? I have heard the KitchenAid is good, but that is what everyone said about the Cuisnart!!
Kitchen Aid seems to be the most popular with good reviews . I don't use one as I find I can use a mini food chopper for most things. But that brand certainly has the best reviews.

I have been limping along without a food processor, as I lost a piece out of my Kitchen Aid when I moved here. My friend just took it to get it fixed so, I really can't help with recommendations, however the Ninja is a good system if you want a lot of components besides a typical food processor. Just read reviews, I am sure there are plenty of great brands.

I have a kitchen Aid. I broke down several yeas ago and spent the money on it. I have not regretted it for one second. have had it for 10 years at least now. I use it for grinding nuts, making salsa, making salad dressings, slicing potatoes, shredding carrots etc.. the list goes on. I would warn you though that they grind, puree, etc. VERY fast! so until you get used to it I would pulse the machine. You will not be sorry! Mine has an 11 cup, a 9 cup and a 2 cup bowl in one processor

Last edited:
Thank you @Chef00 . It helps a lot to hear others' experiences. I just hope they have not gone down in quality in the last 10 years! Many things have.

I don't think they have. But I surely can't find the one I have with the 3 different sized bowls. it really comes in handy. but also Not totally necessary. I only use the largest one or the smallest one. LOL! Good Luck! Let us know what you decide on and how it works out for you?

Back
Top Bottom