Food Shopping-Kroger Boost.

Milkduds

Local time
2:16 AM
First, if this is not the appropriate forum I apologize. I didn't see a better place.

Kroger has a new service called Kroger Boost. Basically you pay $60 per year and get free next day delivery on orders over $35. I am always pinched for time but I am also cheap. I decided to try it and think it's pretty great. I get staples and drinks delivered as often as I want but I can still make a quick run in to grab just some fresh produce for cooking whatever dish I'm wanting to make. I hate taking two hours to get groceries. My typical store visit now is 15 minutes once a week. Also, tipping is not allowed. So the yearly fee is the fee.
I keep a running shopping list on my phone in the Kroger app and when it's $35 or more I check it out and have it delivered.
It leaves me more time for cooking.

Like grocery shopping? That is a foreign concept to me!

Yeah... um... Tasty is kinda' a weird duck.

Having said that, I work from home, so I look for reasons to go places, and Kroger is a place. I am also very picky about my food selections, and I imagine myself having to return items delivered to my house, which is worse than doing the shopping myself.

CD

I’d live in the grocery store if they’d let me!

My normal Saturday, if I get an early enough start, is to usually hit three grocery stores, one right after the other…and that’s mainly for fun - I go to the smaller Kroger in town every other day during the week.

First, if this is not the appropriate forum I apologize. I didn't see a better place.

Kroger has a new service called Kroger Boost. Basically you pay $60 per year and get free next day delivery on orders over $35. I am always pinched for time but I am also cheap. I decided to try it and think it's pretty great. I get staples and drinks delivered as often as I want but I can still make a quick run in to grab just some fresh produce for cooking whatever dish I'm wanting to make. I hate taking two hours to get groceries. My typical store visit now is 15 minutes once a week. Also, tipping is not allowed. So the yearly fee is the fee.
I keep a running shopping list on my phone in the Kroger app and when it's $35 or more I check it out and have it delivered.
It leaves me more time for cooking.
I wish we had Kroger here. The closest one is 45 minutes away, so nope, not going to deliver here LOL. I think it sounds like a good program, though!

Milkduds I've been seeing that an awful lot here in Cowboyville AZ and thought about it for a fleeting moment for my elderly Mother is still living independently but has always detested shopping of any kind.
Mom had Fry's (kroger's), Safeway and Walmart just around the corner from her Senior Living Community and they all deliver to the facility, Walmart is free delivery over $35/order... that's what I'm doing for her.
For myself, I love to grocery shop! During the Pandemic though I did do curbside pick up.

I’d live in the grocery store if they’d let me!

My normal Saturday, if I get an early enough start, is to usually hit three grocery stores, one right after the other…and that’s mainly for fun - I go to the smaller Kroger in town every other day during the week.
I used to read the sales ads and do 3 store runs in a day buying up what I wanted that was on sale. I bet we shop much differently, though.

Yeah... um... Tasty is kinda' a weird duck.

Having said that, I work from home, so I look for reasons to go places, and Kroger is a place. I am also very picky about my food selections, and I imagine myself having to return items delivered to my house, which is worse than doing the shopping myself.

CD
If I have a food item that needs returned, I usually just call or go online and they credit it back to my credit card or my loyalty card. I've never had to go back to the store to return anything...and yes, I have had some returns. Last week I had some broken eggs and I called them. Fixed it right away with a refund.

Its maybe a bit different in the UK as we've had on-line shopping delivered to the door (or kitchen) since the mid 90's. I was one of the first to sign up. So I've been getting supermarket deliveries for something like 26 years. Oh joy! I had young kids back then and suddenly I didn't have to trapse around supermarkets with whinging brats in tow.

Currently I have a delivery pass for Ocado (which is solely on-line) and Morrisons. I rarely enter a supermarket... in fact I haven't been in one since before lockdown.

I don't mind grocery shopping, although for the past two years I have mostly done curbside. I just pop on my mask and go inside, but I always pick off-peak times when the store isn't busy to minimize wait times and limit airborne germ exposure.

I love flea markets, I haven't been to one of those in ages...I also haven't been clothes shopping in several years. I need a new swim suit so I guess I will need to go at some point.

I used to read the sales ads and do 3 store runs in a day buying up what I wanted that was on sale. I bet we shop much differently, though.
My mom, her dad (he did the shopping as my grandmom was housebound), and my MIL all did the same, but I can’t stand looking through grocery store ads. There’s something about the way they’re laid out, with no order, I can’t follow them.

Mom would go to Kroger (her last resort), Liberal’s (which turned into Marsh’s), and the IGA. I go to:

Kroger (I have about eight in rotation)
Dorothy Lane
ALDI
Meijer
IGA
Ellis’s (mom-and-pop shop)
Marc’s
Jungle Jim’s

My mom, her dad (he did the shopping as my grandmom was housebound), and my MIL all did the same, but I can’t stand looking through grocery store ads. There’s something about the way they’re laid out, with no order, I can’t follow them.

Mom would go to Kroger (her last resort), Liberal’s (which turned into Marsh’s), and the IGA. I go to:

Kroger (I have about eight in rotation)
Dorothy Lane
ALDI
Meijer
IGA
Ellis’s (mom-and-pop shop)
Marc’s
Jungle Jim’s
Yeah, I hate the online ones that have everything listed in a grid. I need to see the ad in complete disarray with nothing grouped together in a sensical fashion :laugh: . I usually drink my coffee and make out my shopping lists from looking at them online. When I order online, I also like to look at the sales ads, and my favorite grocery store has "click-thru" ads where I can add to my order by clicking on the sales ad. I love that!

I'll tellyas, don't every go to the Fry's/Kroger's here on a Wednesday, that's Senior's Day and they want their 10% off their bill!!!
I think I am probably missing out on my senior discount at lots of stores, I keep forgetting that at 60 I am considered a senior at multiple places.

Back
Top Bottom